July 27 - L.A. Wally's Central Coast event

Sunday 1-4pm, $99 for standard admission. Not an offline per se but a good benefit event. There are always a lot of Central Coast producers pouring and, while not copious amounts of food, there’s plenty of good stuff to fill up on. We’ll be there, as well as the Gelbs I believe. I’ve been every year and it’s always a fun event.

I will try to make this on my way back from daughters college orientation in Irvine. Have not been to Wally’s in quite some time.

See you there! [cheers.gif]

I just received a voicemail advising that this year’s event has been cancelled due to an issue with the ABC. Not sure what this is all about but I will try to find out more details. For those of you who purchased tickets, Wally’s will issue a full refund. Very disappointing.

Too bad. I remember a year when Joe Davis, Greg Brewer and Justin Smith all were pouring and that was a helluva day, probably 8 years ago? If I can find the photo on my wife’s computer of the shot I had of the event, it is priceless.

Yep, I was planning on taking part this year as well. Bummed that they skipped a year and was excited to be a part of it. Sounds as if the folks at Wallys are as confused as everyone else - they’ve held numerous tastings in their tent and they’re not sure why ABC flagged this one as being any different than the rest.

Ultra bummer because it was in the name of Michael Bonaccorsi and was raising funds for a scholarship in his name at Allan Hancock College . . .

Bummer/

LA Times press release…

Yup; Very disappointing…received my phone call yesterday as well. [scratch.gif]

Marshall [soap.gif]