<date postponed> Sake tasting in SF

Hey SF Gang,

I have friend who is opening a sushi restaurant in August - and is also bringing in some premium sakes that I don’t believe you can currently get in the USA (but will starting in August). I think I should be able get us a deal on a sake & omakase tasting in his restaurant but before I ask him thought I would check to see on interested. Let me know if you’re down and what dates in August you think might be good.

He’s only going to serve sake in this restaurant specifically to promote sake…so unfortunately I don’t see us holding a wine tasting there.

Let me know. [cheers.gif]

Additional update - sure we can have him walk us through the tasting as well (guided). He’s a well regarded somm who has visiting Japan many times. Up to the feedback I receive though. Don’t need to do anything structured.

I might be up for it. Has to be after the 10th for me.

Would be awesome to have Japanese food with you again Craig. :slight_smile:

I’m definitely interested. There are only about 100 Sake imported into Oregon and I’ve had them all. Would really like to try some new stuff especailly if it’s Yamahai or Kimoto style. I also love Nama.

Hey Paul - you’d come down to SF for this? :slight_smile:

There are only five sake served in the ANA lounge at Haneda and I’ve had them all.

I come down to San Mateo about once a month, just need roughly 2 weeks lead time to schedule meetings. I’m really geeked on Sake too, so if it’s just 2 or 3 people even, let’s try to make it happen. If we need to find another head, I have a few non-board members that might be interested.

Do you have a list of the Sake he’s bringing in? Which importer is he working with?

Interested. Where is the restaurant gong to be?

I’d be interested depending on time/date

Hi Berserkers,

I hope to get the sake list posted this weekend.

In terms of dates, he’d like to do this end of August. What are people’s preferences between Aug 27th and 31st?

Location looks like it will be Hamano Sushi for now.

Hope you’re still interested.

I’m interested in either date.

So far I think either could work for me.

Sunday evening would be easier, could possibly do Wednesday.

Where is the restaurant ? Is it good ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Noe Valley. Yes.

ok looks like Aug 31st will be the date (confirmed with Mark Bright today). I hope to have the sake list for everyone shortly.

I’ll look to confirm numbers attending in the next few days and make sure we’re booked in. I’ll report back with a price as well and make sure everyone is comfortable with it.

Thanks for putting this together Paul. Put me down for 1 person.

My preference is for a guided tasting with lots of Nama.

O shoot, this is labor day weekend. i must bow out.

I forgot this is a long weekend - having trouble pulling things together.

I’ll figure out some new potential dates and get back to the group. Very sorry!

Hi Paul,
Is the restaurant opened? Name? Can you please revive this thread?

Anna Lo