CANCELLED--Suntacular @ My Place In South OC--Saturday, 8/9 @ 2PM

Hello everyone. As we have done for the past few years, to think of it as Falltacular-light, we will once again hold Suntacular here at our place in South OC. Because this month marks the 20th anniversary of Laura’s House, this Suntacular is special and while I am a little late to the calendar to make this a July event, we will do it for August. For those new to the Laura’s House mission, I would ask that you click here to learn more: https://www.laurashouse.org/

Suntacular is pretty simple in concept–we have fun, eat and raise a little money in the summer to help the shelter. We won’t cover the house in wine and load the garage with a silent auction: that’s what we do for Falltacular and we’ll leave the big event for next February. Instead, for Suntacular in August, here is how we will arrange it, letting you decide if you can make it over and show support for Laura’s House, have some fun, too.

Date–August 9th, Saturday

Time–2PM

Where–my house in South Orange County. Address provided via PM only

Cost–$25 per person. All of this raised will be donated directly to Laura’s House. A goal of 40 people would be great, as that brings in $1,000 for the charity.

Wine–in addition, to the donation, I want each person coming to bring one bottle of wine. As to a theme, let’s not set one. Just bring something to share that you want to celebrate a glass with others.

Food–just like Falltacular, something to grill and something as a side.

Stems–bring your own or use mine. I have plenty so whatever works.

Other than these details, I would like all attendees to post to this thread here so I can keep a rough count.

Look forward to having some fun and seeing as many of you that can make it over. We do good work as a group when we raise money, we have raised a lot of it over the years and in helping Laura’s in some way reach the 20th anniversary, so many of you have played a role in that success and endeavor. Whether you can make it over on 8/9 or not, thank you for all you have done. champagne.gif

We will be there. The grill is calling!

Caveat: unless something changes with a trip back east.

Awwww man. Conflict! Enjoy!

Heading to Rio that morning, I’ll wave as we fly over. Have a blast and raise lots of money.

No idea on my work schedule yet, but if I’m not working I’ll be there.

Drat!!! We need to entertain folks at the Hollywood Bowl that night… otherwise, we’d be in!

I’m finding recently that doing summer ideas is really challenging but if you are able to make it, please do post.

We might be driving back from SD to Bay Area that Saturday, this is too good to pass up, if we can make it. Frank, put us down for 2 spots, will confirm soon.

Crap, driving back on Sunday. Wish we could have made it, will be with family on Saturday.

Sorry, chief, can only come once a year, but hope others are able to make it out and make the event a success!

Sante,

Sweater-Man

Good to hear from you Sweater Man. Who’s the happy lady in the photo with you?

I was talking to the Dr Mrs y/day about this Suntacular idea and the fact that we’re having a tough time getting people that are not busy, away or tied up with other wine events.

I appreciate the posts and effort by many of you but it looks like this won’t work out. I will tell you all, on the posiive side, with the re-purposed Falltacular 2014 wine and a few new boxes of wine, that we were able to raise a lot of new money at the local OC event last month in Newport Beach. It was a great Friday night for Laura’s House.

At this point, unless a # of you come forward and post back over the next week, it’s going to end up with puting Suntacular aside and wait until Falltacular 2015.

One of my best friends, Genny, just before a music gig. She does like wine, though not as crazy as all of us…

Accumulating Air Miles for the trip down for FallTacular 2015. I also have tentative plans to see you guys again, probably with another best friend, in late April or early May next year. Obviously will keep you posted about that.

Keep well, Frank—we need to get you and Dr. Mrs. up to Toronto one of these days!

Mike

Sounds like a great time, but I’m on a family vacation then.

Are you doing a silent auction? I’m happy to donate something for that if you are.

Very likely +1

Nice new avatar, Frenchie!

We just can’t say either way for a few weeks. This won’t help the cause, but it’s all I’ve got.

Sounds great! We are extremely likely to be there…Look forward to it!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Have other plans. Sad to miss this.

Would love to come, I will confirm in the next week or two.

Guys, don’t worry about it, as I am going to cancel this event. I’m giving up on Summer, as I had the same issue with trying to rally a dozen guys for a golf event at work at the end of July. We’ll have a fantastic Falltacular in February 2015 and we can see about the viability of an event in say this Fall, to have some fun for the charity.

Thanks for the interest and you can have your Saturday, 8/9 back.