Chicagoan's- Rhys tasting??

Recent thread on a Rhys tasting that Don C did made me think- its time to do one here in Chicago. Any interest??

NOTE change of date!!!

Date- 7/18
Venue- Sun Wah BBQ
5039 N Broadway

Note- 3 ducks pre ordered…do we need more??

Jay C +1 2010 Alpine Pinot, 2011 Bearwallow, 2010 Alpine Chard
Corey N +1 2008 Bearwallow and 2008 Horseshoe
SNelson 2009 Bearwallow Pinot
Keith A 2007 Alpine Pinot and 2009 SCM Chard.
RPS 2008 Alpine Chard and 2007 Family Farm
Rich N. 2008 Alpine Pinot, 2008 Family Farm
D Griffin 2009 Alpine Pinot 2010 Bearwallow
Craig R +1 2009 Alpine Chard and 2010 Family Farm

Waitlist

I could be down for this depending on the date.

I’m interested (date dependent).

I would be in (maybe with a +1) depending on date.

I’d be interested. However, don’t have a Rhys chard or pinot in the cellar. I could contribute an alternative from the Santa Cruz Mtns.

Probably some day in July- June is pretty booked for me. Thursdays are usually a good day- so how about 7/10 or 7/17?

I have some Rhys in the cellar…

I will update the first post as interest and a date is finalized.

I’d prefer the 17th as I fear I will still be drying out from the long weekend on 7/10, but either should work.

July 17 would be tough - I’m going to the Green City Market BBQ that day (starts at 5:30). July 10 definitely works.

7/10 is no dice for me, but 7/17 works at this stage.

Jay - I’ll leave it up to you on format, although i guess there might be some consideration of whether a horizontal or vertical makes more sense. I saw the ATL thread and noticed a. many of the wines were deemed to young b. they didn’t get to taste across the range. It may make more sense to do a full horizontal of one of the vintages that is drinking better right now (Rhys website would suggest 2008/2009 - 2004/2006 had far fewer bottlings).

Mebee +1

I would like to do this. I have to come up from Indiana so I can’t be certain this far in advance. 7/10 right now looks highly likely; 7/17 a little less. But please add me in. (I have a little '07 and some more recent stuff.)

Thanks,
Josh

I’ll be in town and would like to attend

I would be interested in the 17th

I have updated the first post- we are at 12 and want to cap it at that. Expect a couple of dropouts, so 10 will probably be the number.

Date- 7/17/2104

Now- thoughts on a venue- I am open to whatever.

Wines- start to post and I will add to first post.

We could do Sun Wah for the duck?

Mel- I like this idea!!!

My +1 is out, but I am in.

jay, count me in for an 07 Alpine Pinot and a 09 SCM chard

I’m definitely in. I can bring an '07 Horseshoe Pinot; I have more recent Rhys, 10 or 11, but no Chard. I could also contribute an 06 Peay Scallop Shelf, for the sake of comparison, if people wanted to go in that direction, or a Burg.

Since we seem to have a couple of Alpines, put me down for a 2008 Alpine Pinot Noir and a 2008 Skyline Syrah (although i can switch that to a Chard if we don’t want to include Syrah).