San Francisco - JUNE 30

Let’s try this again…

Please suggest a date, probably one of the following… June 23, 24, 25 or 30.

THEME: Open to suggestions, but would love to do something blind.

• J

UPDATE:

• I called the Palace and seems like they are closed on the 24th (23rd as well, they are closed Mon. and Tues.). Last time we were there the food was pretty good, pre-fixe menu for $50. However it is no longer free corkage, the owner said they can give us a deal and charge $15 a head, but with no limits on how many bottles we bring. It is recommended though that we still bring our own glasses although they do have their own.

UPDATE:
    Looks like a no go in the 25th, still either the 24th r the 30th. Need a new venue, please suggest.

UPDATE:
    Date has been moved to June 30, theme is still pending, so is the venue.

UPDATE:

Theme - Riesling @ Thai restaurant (BYO stems)

Participants:

1. Joel G.
  2. Ashish A.
  3. Harold F.
  4. Cindy W.
  5. Vamsi K.
  6. Leonard M.
  7. A. So

Unconfirmed:

1. Paul J

VENUE:

Thai Cottage, which is at 4041 Judah Street in the Outer Sunset.

June 24th or 30th are best for me.

June 23, 24, 25 all good for me. Would love to participate.

Blind would be fun. Any theme would be good for me, though if asked I’d lean towards something in the 3 Bs (Bordeaux, Burgundy, Barolo) or some California red examination (Pinots? Cabs?). Or maybe 1996 – great year or not? I.e. let’s taste Burgs, Bords, Barolos, from 1996.

Or anything red.

Those dates are all looking good for me at the moment Joel.

I’m open on the theme but have a general bias to Burgs and Piedmont. Also think we need to do a Champagne theme one time.

All the suggestions sound interesting. I’m a euro-centric drinker at heart, so I might prefer Bordeaux/Burg/Piedmont or Champagne, though I do also love traditionally made california wines with some age. Blind sounds interesting, though I would expect it to be very humbling (especially if all the wines are the same region).

Also, if people wanted to do a Riesling or Champagne tasting, I know an excellent thai restaurant in the outer sunset. We would need to bring our own stemware, but corkage would be nearly nothing and the whole meal would be remarkably cheap.

Let’s set a date foe June 24 then, themes are still open but top contenders are blind Pinot Noir, Riesling, Champagne. Weather is getting hotter so heavy reds are probably going to have to wait till Fall. Anyone here have an idea for a restaurant? We are still open to suggestions on almost anything, let’s just try to make this happen.

I can do it on June 24. Not a champagne guy, but put me down if people decide to do Pinot, Riesling, or Bordeaux.

Summary of those attending:

1. J. Galang
  2. A. Agrawal
  3. R. Frankel
  4. Paul J.
  5. Harold Fong

Calling out the past SF offline berserkers, Cindy, Craig, Gary, Rob, Alan, Denis, etc… you guys want to chime in???

Joel, I believe several of us would love to join an SF offline, however many of us are committed to the offline in San Mateo on the 23rd. Back to backs are tough to do :slight_smile:

We might need to move this to the 25th if you guys want to go to The Palace, see update on first post.

I can’t do the 25th, sorry. :frowning:

I can’t do June 25th. What about the following Monday June 30th? If we wanted to do Riesling, we could go for thai instead of the palace.

No worries, we can definitely still stick to the 24th, as long as we look for another venue. As for the 30th, I am free as well. Riesling is good with me… anyone here can get us a reservation at State Bird, perfect riesling food (dry riesling). [basic-smile.gif] [basic-smile.gif]

Hey Joel - super lame on my part but now I can’t make the 24th either. Sorry gang!! :frowning:

I don’t know whether attendance may be higher on the 30th since it’s not back-to-back with the East Bay offline?

Glad to back home - just got back from 2 trips (1 business and 1 personal)

30th would work for me and unfortunately not the 24th.

I vote for Riesling and Thai and open to others.

Paul, date has been moved to June 30.

Cindy, glad to see you can make the 30th, Riesling is good with me and also open to other suggestions.

Ashish, if we go Riesling, do you have a place in mind?

I am in…

Thai cottage is great, cheap thai food. We will need to bring our own glasses though, but corkage is either nothing or $5.

Sadly I can’t make June 30th, but hopefully another time!