Los Angeles - Food and Wine Potluck: Saturday, June 21st

Extending an invite to the Wine Berserker community to join us for a wine and foodie potluck at our house on Saturday, June 21st. We’ll be starting around 5:00pm. If anyone would like to come early for their food prep, that’s totally cool. For those that don’t know, we’re located by Mount Washington/Glendale/Pasadena area. Send me a PM if you’d like to join (or email).

There’s no overall theme for either food or wine. We’ll have a grill available, stove and a few ovens.

Bruce L is organizing a focus on Rose wines - if that’s of interest to you, send him a PM.

1/2 Mark/Brad
3 Eric G
4/5 Marshall/Diana
6 Bruce L
7 Cris W
8 Lisa L
9/10 Andy/Danny
11/12 Nicola/Amanda
13/14 Andy/Betty
15/16/17 Michael M/+2
18 Francisco O.
19 Kevin J
20 Trish V
21 Will C
22/23 Brian/Jennifer (tentative)
24/25 Gregg/Marina (tentative)
26/27 Christian/Phil
28/29 Mike/Dana
30/31 Denis/Tiffany
32/33 Ki/Valerie
34 Jerome V
35 Carla F
36/37 Paul/Stanislava
38 Danny M
39/40 John/Mary
41/42/43/44 Al S+3
45 Nelson W
46/47 Nina/Bob
48 Richard N

Folks can post here in addition to sending PMs if they’d like.

I’ll be sending out an email this morning with final details to everyone that has RSVP’d. If others are still interested in joining us next Saturday, on the 21st - please let me know.

Details are:
Date: Saturday, June 21, 6:00pm
Wine: open - bring your pick
Food: please bring an appetizer, side, meat, etc.
Stems: if you want to bring, go ahead, we have enough

Time: 6:00pm (folks are welcome to come early, particularly if they’d like to get a head start on grilling/etc.).

Address - I’ll send out in email (if you’re now just seeing this and thinking you’d like to join, PM me and I’ll send address and add you to the list). The more, the merrier!

Note: I’ll be smoking ribs on Saturday for the event and will also serve up some smoked cheese

And if you want to bring a bottle or two of Rosé, just PM or email me directly what you plan to bring so I can keep track of what’s coming to see if we can get a diverse range of bottles.

Bruce

Bruce - thanks for the note on the Rose wines!

We’re a +1 (John Brooks).

We’re going to make pork belly sliders. I plan on bringing an 08 SQN Pontiff Rose to toss into the rose batch, but we might not roll in till 5:30.

Hmmmmm I have a house warming in south pas at 630. Maybe I can stop by first and say hi to everyone!

John–Sounds awesome on both counts. Although with the auction prices on SQN roses these days… [snort.gif]

Bruce

I picked up a 2013 Meyer-Näkel Spätburgunder Ahr Rosé today, so I’ll be bringing that for the Rose part.

Now I need to sort what food and other wines to bring…

Thanks again to Mark & Brad for hosting another great potluck. There was some great food, and I thought the rose tasting to start worked very well indeed.

Bruce

Yes, such a good time! Thanks Mark and Brad!

(and those ribs were fabulous!)

I liked both the smoked ribs (I think those were Mark’s) and the Asian-style ribs that Lisa made. Yum.

Bruce

A splendid evening. I can’t thank Mark and Brad, and everyone else that helped make it so good, enough. Wonderful food, wines, and company.

Whoever made those pieces of crack cocaine (aka: bacon with some tasty topping) needs an award…and they need to make them again at our next gathering.

That would be Dana. Glad you enjoyed them. They will likely make appearances at different get-togethers through the summer. The next dessert to try will be a Bourbon-Bacon-Brownie!!

What a fun night we had. Friends, food and wine always make for a great time. Mark and Brad did it up right, and those smoked ribs from Mark were my favorite, followed by the Pork Belly Sliders from Mary and John. The Sous Vide Buffalo was great to try and very tender. Asian ribs, tri-tip and other steaks and salmon rounded out the main course items. Great side dishes and snacks also kept the troops fed.
The Rose line-up was nice to have as the weather was still a bit warm at the start, and the aged SQN Rose was fresh and full of life. The bottle of Krug was a nice surprise, and the 2002 Burgs that Barry Lipton brought were drinking quite nice. Plenty of wine for all to enjoy.

What a night!! champagne.gif [berserker.gif] [cheers.gif]

That plate of the crack bacon was one of several where I had to force myself to taste one and then walk away; too tempting to just stand there and hoover them!

Bruce

Really sorry I had to miss this…sounds like it was a hell of a good time