Rougeard dinner at Absinthe in SF

A friend recently let me know about the wine list at Absinthe in San Francisco. Apparently they’re owned by the same folks as Arlequin Wine Merchant, and it’s a pretty strong list.

http://www.absinthe.com/winelist.pdf

I’d love to have dinner and explore their Clos Rougeard selection. They have everything (Breze / Clos / Poyeaux / Bourg), and the prices are pretty reasonable.

Anyone interested in a June/July dinner? The more the merrier, and I’m up for exploring other things on the list as well.

I’m in town from June 16th - June 19th for work and would love to join if the dates work out. Frankly, I may go there regardless…looks like a great list.

Some good deals on there! And… Some not deals. Heh

Hey Matt,

If you will be visiting SF, be sure to hit us up SF Berserkers, would be glad to do a small offline. Also feel free to ask any recommendations on food and wine (although you might already have a long list yourself).

• Joel

One ting I forgot to mention, if it is only wine you want, try Arlequin Wine Merchant which is almost next to Absinthe. They have the same owner and I suspect they even share some of their wines. The great thing about is that they only charge like 10-15% over retail to drink the wine in the store, which has small tables and you can order food next door.

Matt - Monday June 16th would work for me. 8pm or so?

Anyone else - let me know if you’re interested and I can up the reservation.

That sounds great Chris. Thanks for organizing.

I’d love to join if you all can do this the week of June 23rd. June 16th week is out for me.

I’m in town June 17 only, happy to join if you want to shift one day. No worries if not!

Michael

I should be free and would love to join.

I’ll try to make it.

is it encouraged to bring other rougeard’s that aren’t on the list? would be happy to pack a bottle or two with me.

Unfortunately the 16th is the only night I can make it. I’ll go ahead and make reservations for six, and if we have more demand I can up the reservation.

Matt - would be great if you wanted to bring an off the list bottle or two. Unfortunately my only bottles are on the list, but I can bring something else.

Thanks everyone - looking forward to it!

I’m also in the camp that doesn’t have any rougeard. Actually, I’ve never tried it before. I’m happy to bring something else, but I don’t know if the restaurant would have a limit on how many bottles we can bring.

What were people thinking in terms of how many bottles they wanted to try? It looks like the bottles can get a little pricey. It would be nice to have a rough per person target for the dinner so I know what I’m getting into.

I think they just charge a flat corkage for $5. I love their backyard !

I’ll call about the max number of bottles we can bring. Corkage is $20, so not bad.

I’d really like to try Le Bourg, but maybe that’s all we get off the list. I’d also like to keep the cost reasonable. Hopefully we get a few more people and are able to order a little more.

What kind of other stuff would people like us to bring? It would be helpful to know what to plan since I’m going to be at the off-site cellar tomorrow. Bordeaux, cab, chateauneuf, and Sauternes are all strong contenders in my cellar.

Bdx that’s Cabernet franc heavy would seem the natural fit.

i.e. Cheval Blanc would be okay. We’re okay with your Ch. D’Yquem too.

:slight_smile:
How about that 96 Peter Michael les pavots that I keep promising you?