San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Announcements and planning of Offline events
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #1  Postby blarmston » July 9th 2017, 10:08am

As an update to my original post from below...

So we are a GO for Thursday, August 24th at 6pm at Sbicca Restaurant in Del Mar, CA. Address is 215 15th Street, Del Mar, CA 92014. Website is below.

We will be in the Wine Room private area. $20 corkage per bottle but I will try and get that reduced.

Theme is Napa Cabernet, suggested minimum bottle value $50+.

I will post again late next week to get a final headcount. If you are wanting to come and haven't replied, please do so on this post or PM me.

Thanks All, and looking forward to a great night...

http://sbiccadelmar.com/

Hello All,

I searched the posts and realized that I haven't seen a proposal to get local Wine Lovers together here in the SD area.

Just wanted to throw out potentially getting together, perhaps a good group of say 8-10 people for dinner and of course, enjoying some fine wine.

I live in the Hillcrest/ Bankers Hill area, and work in La Jolla. My girlfriend and I eat out way too much which hurts the AMEX, but fortunately gives me good perspective on the good spots in the area.

High end Napa cabs and Brunello's are my go to, so we could meet at a nice steakhouse or Italian spot.

Again, just throwing it out there, let me know if anyone out there in WB Land has an interest in late July/ early August...
Last edited by blarmston on August 8th 2017, 2:51pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Brian Armston

Advertisement

Howard Roselinsky
 
Posts: 153
Joined: January 30th 2011, 11:32am
Location: Encinitas, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #2  Postby Howard Roselinsky » July 17th 2017, 6:22pm

Brian,

I'm game!

We need to get the Wineberserkers in SD going, the OC is putting us to shame.

I'm in North County, but willing to go wherever would work for a wine group.

Howard
Adam L
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 43
Joined: August 22nd 2015, 4:02pm
Location: San Diego, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #3  Postby Adam L » July 17th 2017, 6:32pm

I'm in Brian. Sent you availability in PM. UTC area but willing to go most anywhere.
Adam&Lisa Lakritz
CTLisaAdam
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #4  Postby blarmston » July 19th 2017, 10:30am

Yes, finally some interested WB's!

I have a very busy work schedule for the next week or so, but lets try and plan something say early August? Lets try and get a few more people and really knock this thing out.

Anything UTC/ Del Mar area is fine with me, but for good wine and good company I'll go anywhere (well, almost anywhere...)
-Brian Armston
User avatar
bweimer
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 28th 2009, 11:34am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #5  Postby bweimer » July 20th 2017, 9:51am

I'd be interested if it happens on a Wednesday or Thursday when I stay in the Sorrento Valley and Del Mar areas.
Bruce Weimer
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #6  Postby blarmston » July 20th 2017, 12:51pm

Perfect, this is all coming together nicely!

So I propose we consider a Thursday evening in Del Mar? One of my favorite spots is Sbicca, or for a higher price point (but really amazing food), there is Kitchen 1540 across the street at L'Auberge. Of course, we can consider other options as well, just throwing those two out...

See yelp links below...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/kitchen-1540-d ... estaurants

https://www.yelp.com/biz/sbicca-del-mar ... estaurants
-Brian Armston
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #7  Postby blarmston » July 26th 2017, 11:33am

Wanted to follow back up on this, and propose a date.

How does Thursday, August 10th look for you all?

And not sure If I can set up a private group message, but maybe go that route for communicating moving forward?
-Brian Armston
Adam L
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 43
Joined: August 22nd 2015, 4:02pm
Location: San Diego, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #8  Postby Adam L » July 26th 2017, 11:42am

That date won't work for me, out of town the week of 8/8.
Adam&Lisa Lakritz
CTLisaAdam
User avatar
bweimer
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 28th 2009, 11:34am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #9  Postby bweimer » July 26th 2017, 12:58pm

That date works for me. I'm available almost any Wednesday or Thursday except 8/16 and 8/17.
Bruce Weimer
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #10  Postby blarmston » July 26th 2017, 2:43pm

OK, lets see if we hear from a couple others and then we can decide if it makes sense to go with the 10th or punt until later in August...
-Brian Armston
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #11  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 10:24am

San Diego WB'ers,
It looks like THU, August 24th is looking like the best option at this point. There are four people solidly confirmed so far. We are thinking the Del Mar area (Sbicca) or UTC area (Fleming's).

Please reply back to this thread or PM me and we can figure it out. Grazie!
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #12  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 10:27am

I'm potential as well, though date-dependent. I have my FIL in town from the 11th through the 20th so if it is held in that timeframe, more likely not. The Del Mar location helps a great deal
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #13  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 10:54am

OK, I have heard from a couple other people, so lets do this.

I just reserved the Wine Room at Sbicca in Del Mar for Thursday, August 24th. The space fits 16 people so we should have more than enough room. There is no food/beverage minimum, corkage is $20/bottle, and that night it is half off bottles on their wine list. I have been here many times, VERY good food without breaking the bank. Website below...
http://sbiccadelmar.com
Please reply back to let me know who is coming...
-Brian Armston
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #14  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 10:55am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:I'm potential as well, though date-dependent. I have my FIL in town from the 11th through the 20th so if it is held in that timeframe, more likely not. The Del Mar location helps a great deal


Hey Todd,

It would be great if you could join us!
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Michel Abood
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
Vino Hunter
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: February 3rd 2009, 9:30am
Location: New York/Paris

San Diego Meet up?

Post #15  Postby Michel Abood » August 8th 2017, 10:59am

If you still have room, I would love to join, date dependent. Is this still on 8/24? I moved to Solana Beach last July and have been looking to meet some locals now that my travel schedule has calmed down.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #16  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 11:01am

I'm very likely in if it's on the 24th - also, when you get a headcount, you might want to talk with them about reducing the corkage fee, as with a large party, they're more likely to do so ;)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #17  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 11:12am

Michel Abood wrote:If you still have room, I would love to join, date dependent. Is this still on 8/24? I moved to Solana Beach last July and have been looking to meet some locals now that my travel schedule has calmed down.


Michel,

Yes, there is room for you to join. Looking forward to meeting you in a couple weeks...
-Brian Armston
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #18  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 11:28am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:I'm very likely in if it's on the 24th - also, when you get a headcount, you might want to talk with them about reducing the corkage fee, as with a large party, they're more likely to do so ;)


Good call Todd,

I will call them a couple days prior and make that request.

Yes, the 24th is a GO.

Looking forward to (hopefully) meeting you...

Please confirm for sure yay or nay when you know so I can get a solid headcount.
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #19  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 11:42am

I'm in - what time?
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #20  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 11:52am

Todd F r e n c h wrote:I'm in - what time?


Perfect!

I have reserved the space from 6-9pm. I was thinking we could all mingle and then eat dinner say 6:45-7pm, that way anyone who needs to take off at a reasonable time can do so...
But totally up for other suggestions...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
bweimer
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 28th 2009, 11:34am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #21  Postby bweimer » August 8th 2017, 12:32pm

I'm in. Should we have a theme?
Bruce Weimer
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #22  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 12:44pm

I suggest editing the first post and including ALL the details, including the list of folks who are (currently) attending, so you have everything easily accessible

#offlinetraining
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #23  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 12:45pm

bweimer wrote:I'm in. Should we have a theme?


Hello Bruce,

Looking forward to meeting you.

I was thinking we could stick with a theme that (hopefully) is near and dear to our hearts- good 'ol Napa Cabernet. If people aren't interested in that, of course we can open it up.

Perhaps once we settle on the type of wine, we could set a gentle bottle minimum? That way there isn't a huge disparity in the quality of the wine being brought?

First time arranging a get together like this, so again open to ideas, suggestions, etc.
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #24  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 12:46pm

blarmston wrote:
bweimer wrote:I'm in. Should we have a theme?


Hello Bruce,

Looking forward to meeting you.

I was thinking we could stick with a theme that (hopefully) is near and dear to our hearts- good 'ol Napa Cabernet. If people aren't interested in that, of course we can open it up.

Perhaps once we settle on the type of wine, we could set a gentle bottle minimum? That way there isn't a huge disparity in the quality of the wine being brought?

First time arranging a get together like this, so again open to ideas, suggestions, etc.

As the organizer, you get the heaviest pull on theme, so if you want CA Cab, go for it!!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
User avatar
bweimer
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 28th 2009, 11:34am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #25  Postby bweimer » August 8th 2017, 1:07pm

A Napa Cab theme is fine with me! As far a setting a minimum bottle price, that is fine as long as everyone knows ahead of time. I would suggest $50 as not to be too exclusive to first timers and that amount should allow people to be more generous if they want to be. I know most Berserkers are more than generous with their wine! I love older Napa cabs so I will have an early 90's with me (plus a backup, as always).
Bruce Weimer
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet up?

Post #26  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 8th 2017, 1:15pm

bweimer wrote:A Napa Cab theme is fine with me! As far a setting a minimum bottle price, that is fine as long as everyone knows ahead of time. I would suggest $50 as not to be too exclusive to first timers and that amount should allow people to be more generous if they want to be. I know most Berserkers are more than generous with their wine! I love older Napa cabs so I will have an early 90's with me (plus a backup, as always).

My confidence is very high that you, Bruce, will bring a great bottle!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet up?

Post #27  Postby blarmston » August 8th 2017, 1:35pm

Napa Cabernet it is!

Lets shoot for a $50+ minimum. I plan on bringing a bottle or two in the $200 range, but like Bruce suggested, lets keep it at a lower stated minimum so we don't discourage anyone from coming...

I have also updated the original post above...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Steve Anderson
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 445
Joined: June 17th 2009, 10:30pm
Location: San Marcos, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #28  Postby Steve Anderson » August 8th 2017, 11:15pm

Brian,

I am interested if there is still room. When I saw the thread previously the dates did not work for me so I didn't chime in. Just noticed the new date of 8/24 and will be in town that week.

Have been to a couple of Berserker events at Sbicca over the years, but I think it has been at least 3 years since the last one. Thanks for putting this together.

Those who haven't been to Sbicca should be forewarned that parking can be a challenge on a summer evening near the beach for anyone driving.

Hopefully they won't mind if we open/decant our own bottles. The last time there they offered to decant for me, which I accepted. I was engaged in conversation so didn't notice they took the bottle away from the table. When it came back, the neck of the decanter was filled with sediment, so it was clear the server had just dumped the bottle upside down. Ouch. I will say that was my only bad experience at Sbicca in multiple visits and overall experience has been pretty good, but have not been in the last two years.

Cheers!

Steve
I Love Smooth Wines
(formerly) Delectable: Steve Anderson
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #29  Postby blarmston » August 9th 2017, 10:38am

Steve Anderson wrote:Brian,

I am interested if there is still room. When I saw the thread previously the dates did not work for me so I didn't chime in. Just noticed the new date of 8/24 and will be in town that week.

Have been to a couple of Berserker events at Sbicca over the years, but I think it has been at least 3 years since the last one. Thanks for putting this together.

Those who haven't been to Sbicca should be forewarned that parking can be a challenge on a summer evening near the beach for anyone driving.

Hopefully they won't mind if we open/decant our own bottles. The last time there they offered to decant for me, which I accepted. I was engaged in conversation so didn't notice they took the bottle away from the table. When it came back, the neck of the decanter was filled with sediment, so it was clear the server had just dumped the bottle upside down. Ouch. I will say that was my only bad experience at Sbicca in multiple visits and overall experience has been pretty good, but have not been in the last two years.

Cheers!

Steve



Hey Steve,

Yes, there is still room. Looking forward to meeting you.

And yes, parking can be a pain. I will be taking an Uber, but for those who are driving in, there is a parking garage across the street in the Plaza that could work best.
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #30  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 9th 2017, 11:08am

I'm in for 2005 Dunn Napa Valley
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #31  Postby blarmston » August 9th 2017, 12:32pm

Nice, I love older Dunn's... I visited them a couple years ago and met Randy- a super nice guy...

I was thinking of bringing a 2012 Bond Matriarch. I know its a step up from the stated price point, but what the hell, I want to try it, and Life's Short...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #32  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 9th 2017, 12:36pm

blarmston wrote:Nice, I love older Dunn's... I visited them a couple years ago and met Randy- a super nice guy...

I was thinking of bringing a 2012 Bond Matriarch. I know its a step up from the stated price point, but what the hell, I want to try it, and Life's Short...

Babykilling!!

I've got a 2001 Mondavi Reserve Cab as well, en magnum, if we feel like consuming on the larger volumes [cheers.gif]
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #33  Postby blarmston » August 9th 2017, 2:20pm

Mag parties are the best parties...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Michel Abood
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
Vino Hunter
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: February 3rd 2009, 9:30am
Location: New York/Paris

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #34  Postby Michel Abood » August 9th 2017, 2:56pm

I'll source something, as Napa Cabs aren't my forte but I have an open mind/palate.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections
User avatar
c fu
(Online)
ModeratorModerator
Domaine De La Husky
 
Posts: 26277
Joined: January 27th 2009, 2:26pm
Location: DTLA/Pasadena

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #35  Postby c fu » August 9th 2017, 7:13pm

Todd F r e n c h wrote:
blarmston wrote:Nice, I love older Dunn's... I visited them a couple years ago and met Randy- a super nice guy...

I was thinking of bringing a 2012 Bond Matriarch. I know its a step up from the stated price point, but what the hell, I want to try it, and Life's Short...

Babykilling!!

I've got a 2001 Mondavi Reserve Cab as well, en magnum, if we feel like consuming on the larger volumes [cheers.gif]

Drinking pretty good right now. Big and chewy. Could go the distance but who has the patience
Ch@rlie F|_|

"Roulot is Roulot"©
User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
(Online)
Site AdminSite Admin
Head Babysitter
 
Posts: 35376
Joined: January 27th 2009, 9:46am
Location: San Clemente, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #36  Postby Todd F r e n c h » August 10th 2017, 9:40am

c fu wrote:
Todd F r e n c h wrote:
blarmston wrote:Nice, I love older Dunn's... I visited them a couple years ago and met Randy- a super nice guy...

I was thinking of bringing a 2012 Bond Matriarch. I know its a step up from the stated price point, but what the hell, I want to try it, and Life's Short...

Babykilling!!

I've got a 2001 Mondavi Reserve Cab as well, en magnum, if we feel like consuming on the larger volumes [cheers.gif]

Drinking pretty good right now. Big and chewy. Could go the distance but who has the patience

Yeah, should be nice nowadays, in mag - still bright fruit, I hope.
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)
User avatar
bweimer
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 293
Joined: May 28th 2009, 11:34am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #37  Postby bweimer » August 10th 2017, 9:56am

If possible I will be bringing a +1. My coworker Dan.
Bruce Weimer
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #38  Postby blarmston » August 10th 2017, 10:40am

bweimer wrote:If possible I will be bringing a +1. My coworker Dan.


Hey Bruce,

Yes, we do have a couple seats left, so we will see you both in a couple weeks, cheers...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
Michel Abood
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
Vino Hunter
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: February 3rd 2009, 9:30am
Location: New York/Paris

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #39  Postby Michel Abood » August 10th 2017, 11:13am

In with a 1982 Beaulieu Georges de Latour. I'll bring a backup just in case, TBD.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #40  Postby blarmston » August 10th 2017, 11:36am

Michel Abood wrote:In with a 1982 Beaulieu Georges de Latour. I'll bring a backup just in case, TBD.


Very nice...
-Brian Armston
Adam L
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 43
Joined: August 22nd 2015, 4:02pm
Location: San Diego, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #41  Postby Adam L » August 11th 2017, 5:21pm

Count me in please.
Adam&Lisa Lakritz
CTLisaAdam
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #42  Postby blarmston » August 12th 2017, 11:32am

Looks like we have 11 people confirmed. The resto told me our private space seats 16 comfortably, so there's room for a couple more
-Brian Armston
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #43  Postby blarmston » August 21st 2017, 10:28am

So we have 12 people confirmed for this Thursday's gathering.

Please let me know if you are unable to attend. We also have about 3 spots left, so if there are any last minute WB'ers that would like to join us, please reply back on this thread or PM me.

Thanks, have a good week, and see you all on THU...
-Brian Armston
User avatar
JohnP
 
Posts: 32
Joined: August 14th 2017, 10:35pm

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #44  Postby JohnP » August 21st 2017, 4:54pm

Looking forward to it. I'm bringing a 1988 Dunn Howell Mountain and 1979 Robert Mondavi Reserve. If these aren't corked, they'll be drinking fantastic! I'll probably also bring a backup just in case.
John Pollard
User avatar
Michel Abood
(Online)
SubscriberSubscriber
Vino Hunter
 
Posts: 4519
Joined: February 3rd 2009, 9:30am
Location: New York/Paris

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #45  Postby Michel Abood » August 21st 2017, 5:11pm

Looking forward to meeting the locals, I moved here last July (2016) but was so busy with travel that it's only now that I have time to do wine dinners. This is my 1st CA wine dinner since we moved.
Guess what? I'm ITB-> Vinotas Selections
Adam L
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 43
Joined: August 22nd 2015, 4:02pm
Location: San Diego, CA

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #46  Postby Adam L » August 21st 2017, 8:06pm

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm bringing a 2012 Duckhorn Monitor Ledge with a backup 2012 Riverain.
Adam&Lisa Lakritz
CTLisaAdam
Joe W i n o g r a d
SubscriberSubscriber
 
Posts: 265
Joined: March 20th 2013, 10:19pm
Location: San Diego

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #47  Postby Joe W i n o g r a d » August 21st 2017, 9:30pm

I am interested to join and can bring a 1998 Corison Kronos Vineyard
User avatar
JohnP
 
Posts: 32
Joined: August 14th 2017, 10:35pm

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #48  Postby JohnP » August 22nd 2017, 8:22am

Joe W i n o g r a d wrote:I am interested to join and can bring a 1998 Corison Kronos Vineyard


Tasted the 99 and 96 Kronos a couple years ago with Cathy Corison. Both were awesome. Can't wait to try the 98. Thanks for bringing it!
John Pollard
blarmston
(Online)
 
Posts: 191
Joined: February 24th 2016, 11:18am

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #49  Postby blarmston » August 22nd 2017, 10:02am

Joe- welcome, looking forward to meeting you.

Perfect- we are now at capacity for the wine room, so whoever didn't reply, you are out of luck!

I will be bringing a 2012 Futo OV/SL- its a relatively young wine, but from experience, with a two hour decant, it will be singing... The restaurant also has 1/2 off bottles from their list, so I will probably choose something from there as well for the group.

My colleague is in for a 2009 Scarecrow M'Etain.
-Brian Armston
User avatar
JohnP
 
Posts: 32
Joined: August 14th 2017, 10:35pm

San Diego Meet Up- 8/24 in Del Mar CA

Post #50  Postby JohnP » August 22nd 2017, 2:03pm

blarmston wrote:Joe- welcome, looking forward to meeting you.

Perfect- we are now at capacity for the wine room, so whoever didn't reply, you are out of luck!

I will be bringing a 2012 Futo OV/SL- its a relatively young wine, but from experience, with a two hour decant, it will be singing... The restaurant also has 1/2 off bottles from their list, so I will probably choose something from there as well for the group.

My colleague is in for a 2009 Scarecrow M'Etain.


Ooh, the 2009 M'Etain should be drinking very well about now.
John Pollard

Return to Offline Planner

logo
Food Advertising by