Trade: Taylor Four Grain & RHF for a 2017 Four Roses LESB

I have a Col Taylor Four Grain & a Rock Hill Farms looking to trade for a 2017 Four Roses LESB -Al Young.
In Orange County, CA and looking for local hand-off.

Bump & sweeting the pot.

I give you EHT Four Grain, 2017 Rock Hill Farms and a 2015 Firestone Parabajava (label has water damaged, no leak through). (I have various other 2015 & 2016 Barrel aged Firestone beers to trade, in box and no water damage).

You give me 2017 Four Roses LESB Al Young.

We are both happy!!!

Where are you Al Young???

Gonna be a tough one. The al young is increasing in price every week. In the private groups it’s gone from $350-475 since release.

If any one has an Al Young, tell me what would it take…

You were so close Fu!!!

Haha. I ended up getting a bottle!

I have an extra Al Young. Looking for 4R Elliott Select, 4R LE, EHT Cured Oak, BTAC Antiques…maybe some others.

Found a second at a local shop today for $179. Score.

Justin I have a BTAC THH, would that work?

Just confirmed another trade so Al Young is off the table unfortunately. I’ll let you know should I be able to track down more.

I value Four Grain (with pristine tube) at $225 and Al Young at $400.

Depending where in SoCal in terms of convenience of not shipping, I would do Four Grain + $175.

Eric you found an al young for 175 here in socal?

Hi Eric, I appreciate the offer and thank you. But I was looking to trade. My rule is to not make money off friends and try to share the love. On Instagram a fellow bourbon enthusiast I offered a RHF for cost plus shipping, as he help me track a Blanton’s SFTB at cost. And Bruce Weimer here on WB, I sold him 2x 2016 FR Elliot at cost too, for him and a friend of his. I would hold too my last offer of a Four Grain, RHF and a Firestone beer… or Four Grain and the cash equivalent that I spent on the RHF and beer- $100.

I would also do a 1:1 of a 2016 THH for the Al Young.

I know it is hard to find these cult bottles, but is a personal thing for me to not gouge or pay gouged fees. Not judging, but just my quirk… I understand your time and effort are worth something.

Thank you again.

I C+S when I can, but i’m not holding onto a case of these. I have one opened and just got another which I’m offering. I don’t consider it gouging to be honest. Gouging would be far more (i.e secondary retail). I’m offering the bottle to you for exactly what these are going for on the Bourbon boards (similar to WB). Was simply trying to help as the juice is arguably top 2-3 releases ever from 4R in my opinion and I’m happy to keep and drink.

Pertaining to your note above, SFTB is available pretty easily for $125-$140 and RHF aren’t super limited and can be acquired almost anywhere if you know where to look If you obtained a Pappy 23 on the other hand, are you gonna get the bottle and ship to your buddy for $279? Would have to be a REALLY good friend to do that and forgo $1500 in profit.

I’m all about helping people and before getting a second bottle even offered to help people source this on CC. That cost would have been the same.

$179 actually… flirtysmile

Walked into one of my local spots. Guy told me he had gotten countless calls, but told people he didn’t have any as he wanted a walk in client to get it. Said he was allocated 1 bottle and put it out 5 min before I walked in. Walked in to buy a 2 bottle shipper and walked out with Mr. Young.

Eric, I appreciate the offer, but $179 to $400 is gouging IMHO, and on facebook the Bourbon Secondary Market group lowest I have seen is $325 and highest is $385 with label. Been watching like crazy for 2 weeks straight… and averaging $360-$365 most with labels. I’m not helping my cause with you, for sell or trade. But Pappy and Al Young are different beasts, Al Young was 10k bottles, vs. Pappy at a lot less. But the FR Elliott Select was $120 and I sold for $120 plus tax. The SFTB was $99.
I’m probably wasting my time, but I’ll do a Four Grain +$100 cash or a 2016 BTAC THH. I’m in the OC, but can drive to LA.

Again, it is a frustrating game for people who want to drink these vs. flippers. I do agree your time is worth money, just disagree on that value.

Nt trying to get into a pissing match as I don’t know you and I’m sure you’re a good dude, but I do feel obligated to respond…

One guy blew 5 out at $325 and sold out in seconds based on the price (because he undervalued and had 30 people fighting for the 5 spots). I’m not a flipper with this bottle as I only posted something after you were ISO. I’ll respectfully decline the offer btw. Maybe not Pappy 23… but let’s take RIP for example. Retail is what? $69? and they sell for 5 times that in comparison to these that sell for 2.2 times retail?? I don’t know the exact production, but wouldn’t be surprised to know that these has many many thousands released. Only difference is the affiliation with PVW that RIP has to garner the 5 times price increase as I personally like Al Young Better.

Kind of funny that in your PM you were quoting pricing on WS and Bottle Blue Book, yet you clearly see (and know) the secondary valuations as a member of BSM. Regardless of production, there is a reason some highly produced bottles sell for more…Quality. Al Young is much better than Four Grain (in the eyes of most). No need to continue the back and forth.

Good luck in your search and I truly do hope you get one of these as they are fantastic. If you are ever in the LA are and I’m around, I would be happy to pour you a dram. cheers.

Don’t forget. Al young is never gonna be made again.

Also send me a 1oz sample plz :smiley:

F The sample FU, come over for a proper tasting. I always enjoy breaking out bottles to share.