WTB - something from 1967

Looking for a 50th bday gift for an acquaintance (under $150) so something from the 67’ vintage. He appreciates most wines and spirits so I’m fairly open…barolo, cab, port, sauternes, whiskey, etc.

I need ASAP so based in LA would be a plus. I’ve exhausted most of my LA wine shops and nothing available now. I know it’s specific and not the easiest of asks within this budget but any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

There are a few things available from K&L and Wally’s on their websites, fwiw.

Thanks Michael. Those were my first two sources here in LA. Unfortunately, I think the Gloria St Julien at K&L is undrinkable at this point in its lifespan. Did you see anything else I’m missing? And Wallys has a great 67’ barolo but it’s part of the futures, talked to them yesterday and it’s not arriving for a few months. :neutral_face:

Barolo definitely the way to go–'67 a good year and lots around. The one problem: if you ship the sediment will get shaken up. Lots other stores, sites in CA–I don’t have time to search. (Kogood, Envoyer, JJBuckley, etc.) Benchmark, fwiw, has Sebastiani Burgundy Bin 24 1967 for $99.

1967 Taylor Fladgate Single Harvest Tawny Port rocks.

Total Wines and More has it in their Long Beach shop. European Wine Resources up north could overnight it to you. The Wine Country in Long Beach has it in stock. So a few places you can get it quick.

There’s a 1967 Gaja Barbaresco at Wine Consigners for $249 in LA, I have no idea how well it would drink, though.

If you don’t mind having something shipped, Chamber’s Street in NYC brought in a rather large cache of 60s and 70s Italian wines a while back. I do not have names at hand, but I remember buying a couple of '67s in the parcel I assembled when I was up there- in your price range, and in pristine condition.

Here is a link to their site, with a search for the 1967 vintage,

https://chambersstwines.com/Products/?timestamp=1500606114535&category=0&keyword=1967&organic=false&biodynamic=false&lowsulfur=false&newArrivals=false&sortBy=Region&page=0

Awesome…thank you guys, very much appreciated! Will have a look through these now.

If this is a good bottle, it should be gorgeous.

I confirm that this Taylor single Harvest 1967 is a great Colheita (I had it last week in Porto).

I recently also had good surprises with :
St-Estèphe Château de Pez 1967
Barbaresco Minuto 1967
Beaujolais Choix de Pasquier-Desvignes 1967

Not sure if you are still looking. I have a number of half bots of the 1967 Château Ducru-Beaucaillou. Not a giant wine at this point, but a decent wine at 50. I also live in LA