WTB '27 Port for Dad's 90th

Probably a long shot but I thought I would give it a try. I would like to find a 1927 port to celebrate my dad’s 90th birthday. His license says “5/9” and while we celebrate on May 9th, his birthday is definitely in September. He thinks its close to 9/5 but not exactly 9/5…long story. Anyhow, he survived Stalin and Hitler and we will celebrate together as a family in August. Thought it would be a nice treat to do it with a 1927. If anyone has anything or any ideas, please PM me. Thanks.

Looks like Zachy’s has a bottle of '27 Nieport in the auction ending in 2 or 3 days.

I think this might work if you are on a budget.

If you would prefer vintage, I have Cockburn’s and Taylor 1927. PM me if interested.

Just thought I would refresh this one more time. I do have a good lead on something but still interested in options.

A HUGE shout-out and thank you to Mark Golodetz for making this happen for me. We drank Cockburn 1927 this past Wednesday night in the Ocean Room at Kiawah ($40 corkage by the way and extremely hospitable) and toasted my dad’s 90th birthday. I have never had anything close to being this old and all I can say is that it was awesome. Totally full of life. Sweet. Maybe my best wine experience EVER.

Congratulations! My father would have turned 90 on September 4th. I’m glad you made yours special.

Interesting conincidnece. My dads American drivers license lists his birthday as May 9 (5/9), the day we typically celebrate it, but it was transposed when he came to America from Europe as September 5 (9/5). 9/5 is not his actual birthday either but much closer…my grandmother recorded birthdays using the Hebrew/lunar calendar and referencing all dates to their relation to certain Jewish Holidays. He knows it’s September and right “around” the 5th.

Awesome post. Cheers!