Wine Raffle for a Friend

** Update - the raffle is closed, and we raised nearly $8,000 for Fontenot’s family. We’ll be taking them a check over Thanksgiving weekend, thank you all for making this possible.

Hi everyone. I asked Todd for permission to post here as I thought it might be of interest to some of you.

A good friend, Jason Fontenot, bravely fought cancer for over 7 years until he passed away on Monday, October 10th at the age of 36. His prolonged fight, while a blessing, required a great deal of resources. Now his family is dealing with an overwhelming amount of unpaid medical bills in addition to funeral expenses. My wife and I wish to honor his memory and support his family by helping to relieve the burden of some of these costs.

Details
The raffle will run from October 19th to November 16th at 5:00p. The winner will be drawn on November 17th at 5:00p and wines will ship via 2-day air on November 21th (weather permitting) from Texas via a licensed shipper, just in time for Thanksgiving. If the shipping date is unacceptable for the winner, they may opt to hold the wine in our temperature and humidity controlled subterranean cellar until a better shipping date is available.

Your $100 donation will enter you into the raffle. Multiple entries are permitted. Please list your board ID in the comments (on the donation page) so that I can list the participants appropriately. I will update this thread as entries are received. The link to donate is below

(raffle closed)

All proceeds from the will go directly to the family.

Wines
These 23 wines were sourced from our cellar, or generously donated by friends, and are in excellent condition with appropriate fill levels. The current WS low retail price for these bottles is well over $3,000 before tax and shipping:

• NV Jacques Selosse Initial Brut Blanc de Blancs
    2004 Dom Perignon
    2012 Jarvis Finch Hollow Chardonnay
    2012 Kongsgaard Chardonnay
    2013 Aubert Ritchie Chardonnay
    2010 Marcassin Pinot Noir Marcassin Vineyard
    2014 Montagu Pinot Noir Bacigalupi Vineyard
    1998 Araujo Eisele Cabernet Sauvignon
    2006 Kapcsandy Estate Cuvee State Lane Vineyard
    2009 Barnett Rattlesnake Hill Cabernet Sauvignon
    2009 Hundred Acre Ark Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
    2011 Bryant Family Vineyard Bettina
    2011 Fairchild G III Cabernet Sauvignon
    2012 Revana Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
    2012 Viader Proprietary Red Blend
    2012 Vine Hill Ranch VHR Cabernet Sauvignon
    2013 Becklyn Cabernet Sauvignon
    2013 Bevan Cellars Wildfoote Vineyard
    2013 Montagu Cabernet Sauvignon The Baron
    2013 Scarecrow M. Etain
    2014 Silver Ghost Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon (x2)
    2014 Becklyn Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve Moulds Vineyard (generously donated by WBers Matthew and Amber Denny)

Please respond with any questions and thank you for your generous support.

Tickets Sold
#01 : *Todd F r e n c h
#02 : *Matthew and Amber Denny
#03 : Josh Beglau
#04 : Weston Eidson
#05 : Nicole Murphy
#06 - 07 : J0seph S c h e n c k
#08 : Casey Layfield
#09 - 10 : Wes Hobbs
#11 - 12 : Eric Brigger
#13 : Er€z _ L.
#14 : Cheryl Haywood
#15 : Brian Messineo
#16 : Patrick M
#17 : Todd L
#18 : Eric Michels
#19 - 20 : Michael Bell
#21 - 22 : Scott and Megan Haywood
#23 - 24 : Benjamin Keator
#25 : Richard Wegman
#26 : Donnie S
#27 - #28 : Fort Works Art
#29 : Jack and Sarah Stewart
#30 : Frankie Rholdon
#31 - 32 : Anthony Kuhn
#33 : Jenni Pecoraro
#34 : Blake Ellis
#35 : Maria Fawcett
#36 - 38 : Walter Stucker
#39 - 40 : Bill Makens
#41 : Garland Asher
#42 : Mary Ellington
#43 - 44 : Gretchen Feild and Bill Keenze
#45 : Jack Stewart
#46 : Denise Schuster
#47 : Mike Schuster
#48 : Jenny Duos
#49 : Alonda Duos
#50 - 51 : Carl Fangue
#52 : Scott Gage
#53 - 57: Katherine Rizzo
#58 - 59 : Justin Humphreys
#60 - 69 : David Schoonover
#70 - 71 : David Donahue
#72 - 76 : Jessica Morgan
#77 - 78 : Andy Lynch
#79 - 80: Mark and Sarah Eidson

• please resubmit through corrected link, thanks!

Count Amber and I in

Hey Jason, it said this link isn’t ready to take donations?

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Unfortunately the site we were using to collect donations decided that our fundraiser constituted illegal gambling, so they’ve refunded all donated money and cancelled the campaign. This is not really clear in the terms and conditions, but they are not responding to our requests.

In lieu of the site I’m going to collect donations via PayPal and post the raffle donations here. The link above is corrected and we’re still moving forward. Unfortunately, I’ll have to ask prior donors to visit the the PayPal link and re-do their donation.

I apologize for the confusion and hope it won’t dissuade anyone who was considering participating. Nothing has changed regarding the need or the use of the donated funds. Thank you everyone.

Maybe a dumb question, but the prior donors (I wasn’t one so I’m not asking this out of self-interest) could still have a raffle ticket for each of their donations, couldn’t they? The donations still went the same place.

More importantly, really cool of you to do this.

Hi Chris, thanks for the opportunity to clarify. The prior donors’ money will be (already is) refunded, as the payment processor initiated refunds for those donations. So they will need to donate again via the new link in order to be included in the raffle. Thanks!

In for a good cause

Donated, in for 1 raffle ticket. Awesome that you are doing this for your friend and family.

Bump

Hi everyone. First, thank you for your generous support. My favorite thing about wine it its ability to bring people together, and I often find that those people are of an incredibly generous nature. This was a testament to that generosity.

I used a random number generator from mathgoodies.com to select the winner, and the results are attached. Congrats to Walter Stucker of Fort Worth, TX for the win, and thank you to the WB community and Todd for allowing us to host this on the site. Happy holidays everyone.
random.jpg