Selling my off-site wines - Prices reduced and a few new wines added - Ends 3/15

Long story with lots of reasons, but time has come for me to jettison my offsite wines. It’s about 86 cases with ~8 cases of magnums. Primarily Napa cabs, Cali pinots and Burgs, mostly (almost entirely) red. There’s a smattering of Oregon pinots and Sauternes/Barsac. Pricing will be 10% below Cellartracker average - just easier than doing a bottle-by-bottle approach and I think it’s fair. Buy a case or more and I will pick up shipping. Too much to list here, but if you are interested, email me at steve@congruencewines.com and I will send you the inventory.

A couple of things:

1. I am sending the list via an Excel “xls” doc.
  2. There are some items that are not for sale. Chateau Chalon, SQN, Congruence and Calera are not (arm twisting necessary on SQN and Calera).
  3. Provenance. Some of the pre-2000 wines were purchased from Winebid. The rest were purchased on release. About 1/2 were always stored offsite. The other 1/2 were stored in my passive, below ground cellar (flucuated between 46 F in coldest winter and 70 in a hot, hot summer or two).

E-mail sent

All Ridge Monte Bello are sold.

Are there prices im not seeing or just a list and I have to look up?

Yes. The price is 10% below Community Average Value on Cellartracker.

I’ll be going off the grid until Wednesday in a few minutes. I will not have access to my list or my email during that time. So please be patient.

I’ll note all Ridge cabs are gone, a good deal of Jadot also and pretty much all (if not all) of the Spottswoode are gone.

OK. I’m back for a cup of coffee and then will be going offline again for a few days (family, wedding). While I was visiting my son, he gave me a good idea. So while I am back in front of the keyboard, I am making a google doc that you will able to look at. It will also enable me to remove things as sales occur.

So I won’t be sending lists anymore. I will post the link for the google doc which will be in “View Only” mode. You can then email me at steve@congruencewines.com with interest in particular bottles. I think this will be streamlined and efficient. The list is organized by “Region”, which also might help you hunting.

Hope this works well. Thanks.

Just checked and this seems to work perfectly.

Is there anyway to get the “Community Average Value” without having to create a paid account with CellarTracker?

Sorry for being out of pocket. A short-notice transfer of my mother to a new nursing home facility had me out of town and contact for a few extra days. I will start digging out of the accumulated rubble for a couple of days until I go off the grid again for an extended weekend. Oh, and if we have a deal on the wines and are just awaiting better weather for shipment, please send me your check so I can consider the deal done. Thanks.

I believe I have update the inventory so it is currently accurate. If we had communication that got disrupted during my mom’s transition, please get back in touch with me. I’ll start trying to pick those up next week on my own, also.

Just a reminder to those who have purchases - looks like we are hitting, or at least nearing, time for safe shipment. Hope you don’t mind the group reminder in lieu of individual ones.

Several people has contacted me about the list. It’s in the thread but here it is separately:

Nice job on the google docs!

I think everything has been picked over pretty thoroughly at this point, so I am reducing the price on all remaining wines to 20% off CellarTracker average.

Here is the current list:

don’t do it…keep all that fine juice

Haha! Have to be practical - I’m never going to drink it all, so I have to whittle it down a bit.

To be transparent, the plan is to give this offer a couple of weeks and then keep what is left.

Btw, I dug out some wines from our house in the Catskills yesterday.

One bottle each of:

2005 Chateau Quinault
2004 Pavie Macquin
2003 Peby Faugeres
2004 Lascombes (sold)
2005 Lascombes (sold)
2002 Pichon Longueville Comtesse de Lalande (sold)
2000 Lagrange (St. Julien)
2005 Valrose Cuvee Alienor
2003 Husic
2003 Corison Napa
2002 Beringer Private Reserve
2005 Chappellet Pritchard Hill

Since this is the first offering of these, 10% off CT average.

What’s Ct average? How do I see it?

Cellartracker average is the community average value on CellarTracker. You need to be a subscriber.

Also dug out 2001 Kongsgaard Hudson Vineyards Syrah (CT average $111.05, 10% off).

A deal for 9 bottles of Arcadian pinot noir fell through. I already deleted them, so I’ll add them this way because it’s a lot easier. But I’ve priced them out, so we’re even. :wink:

1 2005 Sleepy Hollow 47.17
1 2003 Francesca’s 68.34
2 2005 Francesca’s 74.77 = 149.54
3 2005 Clos Pepe 59.45 = 178.35
1 2005 Pisoni 70.40
1 2005 Dierberg 44.02

Total $557.82 x .8 = $446.26