WTT - B School Barter Project - Krug MV

Benevolent Berserkers,

One of my current courses in business school includes an assignment where we are required to barter at least once per week to turn a bic pen into as cool as item as possible by the end of the course (10 trades).

I have been fortunate enough to turn the pen into a bottle of Krug MV so far, and I’m here to see if anyone would be willing to help me out with another trade! I doesn’t need to be wine, but does need to have trade-on value (miles for a business class ticket to Hong Kong, anyone? [wow.gif]) Regarding the provenance of the Krug: it’s the newest release and I’m happy to provide details for verification of provenance upon request.

I’m in Chicago, but am open to trades globally. Please note that whatever I do receive will be traded on (and ideally traded up) as a result of this endeavor.

In addition to a fine bottle of Champagne, you will have my eternal gratitude. What do you say?

[thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif] [thankyou.gif]

PM or reply below with any considerations!

Trades to date:
Pen → Marc Jacobs Lipstick
MJ Lipstick → Krug MV 750ml
Krug MV 750ml → ______? Help fill in the blank!

That’s a fun project.
Curious as to what the trades have been so far.
And would love to hear about future trades.

Are u require to write a paper on this after?

I agree, sounds like a fun project and kudos for what you’ve done so far. I’ll PM you with a couple of ideas.

Mark and Jeannean - thanks for the questions!

Yes, I am required to write a paper about the experience, which will include a list of the trades, and a story about one of the trades (so you could be featured!)

I have done two trades so far, which both occurred at an event our wine club organized with LVMH. I had helped organize the event and approached the MH rep about trading the pen for a bottle of Champagne (we were tasting several from Moet and Chandon, DP 2006, Krug, etc). She wasn’t having it initially, so I turned my attention to the store manager of Marc Jacobs, who was hosting the event. After some pleasant conversation, she agreed to trade the pen for a Marc Jacobs lipstick (~$30).

I took the lipstick back to the MH rep at the end of the evening, knowing there were a couple extra bottles, to see if I could make something happen, and suggested '06 Dom might be a good trade. She said stay put and 5 minutes later came through for me in a huge way with a bottle of Krug MV.

champagne.gif

So now I get to see what the next 8 trades bring, and I’ll keep a running list (likely less detailed, in the first post of this thread for inquiring minds).

Jeannean, thanks for the PM - I’ll respond shortly!

Gabe,

I’m happy to trade some slightly worn Arsenal paraphernalia. Some minor tear stains from a season that’s gone to shite.

Hit me up.

offering up my wife for the bottle of Krug

PMs sent - now we’re getting somewhere

I’m also willing to trade my Arsenal paraphernalia for Jordan’s wife. I can wash it first or leave my musky scent for no additional cost.

Hijack of the year?