2001 Spottswoode Cab

There is a local store here that has a bunch of older Spottswoode Estate Cab. We already cleaned out the 2002 but the 2001, which I understand may be similarly as good tasting, is at the same price of $99.99. I know the 2002s were good, as I bought and drank one, then we hooked up another WBer with the last two so those are spoken for. However, on the 2001s, they have what looked like a 1/2 dozen of them. Is the place top notch for storage and provenance? I will tell you probably not, as it’s a liquor store that has had these bottles for some time. But, they are stored on their sides, away from the outside light and if the 2002 was any indication, that wine held up fine so I would make a leap as to the 2001 provenance, too.

If you are interested, PM me. I am not looking to sell these for a profit, only to do a good deed if someone would like them at the 100 bucks a piece. I’ll let this post run a week or so and see if I get any takers. I would prefer to spilt these up across a few guys if I get multiple replies. if I get one only reply, then that person can take them all. If no one wants them, no harm done and they can just sit there and we’ll call it a day. [highfive.gif]

There are some even older ones, like 98, 97, 90, FWIW. Those prices, though, are not as good as the 01 and 02 for the 100 bucks a pop.

Got 2 PMs so far, totals 4 bottles…anyone else?