WTB 1978 Vintage Wines

Cross post from main board:

Looking to buy/trade for 1978 vintage for upcoming birthday. Please post here or PM with anything you might be able to spare. Thanks, T

I’ll take a 10% finder’s fee please. :slight_smile:

http://www.klwines.com/Products/r?s=14D582AF2EEC&r=+4294966780&d=7&t=1978&o=-1&z=False

'78 Phelps Insignia if youre interested

Fantastic wine: one of my favorites. Well worth taking.

'78 is a pretty easy year to find good wine in good condition with good provenance. The two birth years I look for, '77 and '80 are a bit tougher when not talking about port.

Good luck! K&L is a good place to start because they also document the provenance of their wine.

-Alex

I have 6 bottles 1978 Gros F&S Richebourg, 1978 is one of the best vintage in Burgundy, lucky you!

i have some 80 martin ray pinot and 77 martin ray cab if you are ever looking for something alex

The '77 cab sounds interesting? Have you opened one lately?

FYI, the '78 Leoville Las Cases is a very nice wine and was drinking really well when I last had a well stored bottle maybe 4-5 years ago. At $139 from K&L, I would start there.

I have a Salmanazar (9L) bottle of 1978 Beringer Private reserve cabernet in the original wooden case (also have a '77).
And, a 1978 Leoville Las Cases (2 bottles) - I’m thinking about drinking one tonight.

Hey Jack! What would it take to pry that '77 Beringer from you? champagne.gif

Alex - I have no idea what it’s worth. Also, the shipping may be difficult.
PM me if there is further interest.

Jack,

I have not idea about value either, but I am actually somewhat serious about it. How did you come to own it?

Regards,

Alex

I bought them around 1982 or 1983, one at a time. I used to buy Beringer Private Reserve 750s every year back then and enjoyed them. Night before last we opened a '91 and a '92 and both were wonderful. I think the '92s were underestimated because of the '91. The '92 was the last full case of Beringer I purchased.

We drank a bottle of that 78 Beringer from 9L about 3-4 years back and it was fantastic and youthful…had plenty of time left on it in that format!