Recent Next of Kyn and Sine Qua Non bottles (SOLD)

Because of an ongoing personal issue, I have to part with several prized wines to generate capital. To wit:

• Next of Kyn No. 1, one bottle and one magnum.
    Next of Kyn No. 2, two bottles.
    Next of Kyn No. 3, three bottles and one magnum (OWC).
    Next of Kyn No. 4, three bottles and one magnum (OWC).
    Next of Kyn No. 5, three bottles and one magnum (OWC).

• 2009 Sine Qua Non This is Not an Exit Syrah, two bottles. $800
    2009 Sine Qua Non This is Not an Exit Grenache, one bottle. $400
    2010 Sine Qua Non Five Shooter Syrah, three bottles. $550
    2010 Sine Qua Non Five Shooter Grenache, one bottle. $200
    2010 Sine Qua Non Stockholm Syndrome Syrah, one bottle. $300
    2010 Sine Qua Non Stockhold Syndrome Grenache, two bottles. $600
    2011 Sine Qua Non The Moment, one bottle. $100
    2011 Sine Qua Non Dark Blossom Syrah, three bottles. $550.
    2011 Sine Qua Non Dark Blossom Grenache, three bottles. $550

I’d like to keep this simple and sell all of the wines together. Or at least sell the Next of Kyn to one person and the Sine Qua Non to another. I’m not usually a flipper, and I’m dying by inches parting with them. If someone takes the whole kit and caboodle, I’m asking for $12,000. Or $7,500 for the Next of Kyn alone and $6,500 for the Sine Qua Non alone. Based on my review of CT, these prices seem decently fair, but please let me know if you think I’m way out of line.

Note, I purchased all of these wines from the winery. A person I know generously permitted me to share his Next of Kyn allocation in years one and two. After that, I got on the list myself. The same person has shared his Sine Qua Non allocation with me the past few years. As a result, I’ve had all of these wines since release, and I’ve stored them in my temperature controlled cellar at home.

I store some wine at Domaine in Chicago, and I can ship most places through them. I’ll absorb the cost of shipping.

Thank you for your consideration.

PS. I haven’t dealt much on Commerce Corner – one sale of a big lot of Selosse champagne is all – but I’m happy to PM my bona fides, if necessary.

UPDATE: A board member has expressed interest in taking the whole lot at the asking price. I’ll update if the sale falls through.

SECOND UPDATE: Sold.

Since I’ve received the same message from a few via PM, I want to clarify that I know I could have been more aggressive with my asking price, but I am reluctant to do so. I was fortunate to get these wines upon release. It feels wrong to earn a huge tariff that would rightly belong to Manfred and Elaine, not me.

I’m more upset about parting with the wines than I am about leaving money on the table.

But c’est la vie.

Apologies for the delay but these bottles have been SOLD. Buyer inspected and picked them up last night. Thank you for your interest.