LeCache 5200- Chicago Area

I offer for sale a LeCache 5200 Classic cherry wood finish cabinet in excellent condition. This unit has a capacity of 622 bottles, with spaces for 544 in two-deep racked shelving that accommodates most pinot noir/burgundy bottles and 78 bottles loose

This cabinet has an MSRP of $6100 and seems to retail at $5400 new, but I will sell for $2500.

I am the second owner, having purchased from another Berserker in 2013. I replaced the cooling unit with a new CellarPro 1800 QTL in June 2013, so everything is running great.

This needs to be a local sale in the Chicago area, as this unit is very large at 86”H x 74”W x 29”D, and weighs 510 pounds. You will need movers.

PM with any questions or for pictures.

Best regards,

Dan

I wish this was in SoCal !

same. It’s a gorgeous unit.

Thanks, gents.

The LeCache remains available.

Charlie and Eric, back in 2013 I sold my 5200 which was in perfect condition.

I am bumping as several with interest have not been able to make the dimensions work for their space and I needed to update this post with corrected dimensions.

Thanks,

Dan

One thing that worries me about a unit this size is its weight, fully loaded it would 3000 lb.

Could this need floor stengthing ?

Alan, its a good question. I checked this issue out for my house at time I purchased the unit and determined I was comfortable that my first floor location (above a basement) could support the unit without additional reinforcement and have had no issues or sagging in the 2 years I have had it. It seems the question you raise would apply to any large wine unit, so perhaps others can chime in with their experiences.

The LeCache manual says that fully loaded would be closer to 2400 pounds, and that:

“After loading your wine cabinet with wine bottles, it will be extremely heavy. When selecting a location for your cabinet, make sure that the floor underneath is strong enough to support the weight of the cabinet.”

You certainly would need to be comfortable that you had sufficient support, but I would need to leave it to you to get to that comfort level.

Slainte!

Dan

Dan

Could this unit be diassembled so it could be fitted into my basement, then its on a concrete floor. The issue is that the stairs do a 180 so you would never get it down in one peice

You can remove the doors but that is all.

Yes, Andrew is correct, Alan. Any basement with a turn of the stairs would be just about impossible.

It is a beautiful piece of furniture for wine storage, but it is not too good on movement and flexibility.

champagne.gif

Dan

Would love it, but not practical for me unless I put in it my office

Couldn’t you just annex the site near your building, which formerly housed a certain Divvy stand?

Price reduced