I Have Pappy 23, Want Pappy 20

Somehow I got allocated a bottle of Pappy 23 from a really nice store where I’ve done some business.

I’d rather have 2 bottles of Pappy 20.

Does anyone want to do that swap?

I give you 1 Pappy 23. You give me 2 Pappy 20.

Using Whiskey Auction data, seems like a fair swap.

The bottle won’t be in my hands until early March, so figure a mid-march exchange.
Preference for physical exchange in the NY area

PM away.

the really smart move is one 23 for three 15s…

+1
Confirmed this again NYE drinking my brother’s stash of 23 and 15 side by side.
Carry on, Peter.
Good luck.

dunno. I think 20 is way better than 15/23. Rather have 2 20 than 3 15s. It just has a smoothness to it that the 15/23 dont have

Charlie… brush up on your fractions. You can’t divide into a prime number…

Are you really questioning a china man on math??
:wink:

lol. I had to look at my post a few times. I became a lawyer so I didn’t have to do math. But who knew that settlements had so much addition/subtraction ;D

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Pappy 23 for Pappy 20 Reality TV!!!

sold my $50 -20 for 9C notes !

the 20 hasn’t been $50 in a very long time, in which case it was all SW juice, in which case you got taken. champagne.gif

I’ll get taken anytime at 18 times my money.
Pigs (not cops) get slaughtered !
Bought it in '06 or '08 !

Anddddd… We’re back to our regular program.

Who has 2 Pappy 20 who wants 1 Pappy 23? I’m sure someone must want to see what all the fuss is about with the 23???

This seems like an appropriate time to jump in.

Now of course I could call you, or email you, or pm you but public banter seems right.

As you may recall, I have most…I’d say 80% of a bottle of pappy 20. I was supposed to trade it around a year ago. Had an offer and the deal seems to have dried up. Momentum stalled.

By way of provenance, a year ago the bottle was 80% full. Now it is 80% full. Stored upright over my stove, next to the microwave.

So this is a public offer to peter and only peter.
You want a gently used bottle of 20?

I’d trade for a white burgundy. Of course as I assume the premox risk, don’t lowball me.
There is an arbitrage here somewhere.Your premox, my open bottle.

Make an offer. I’d also consider a parcel of Riesling which you don’t really get so there is that.

Thoughts?
Oh happy new year. Let’s open some bottles this year

Oh. Mr momentum stalled…
I know your deal too. We should also get together and open a few

This! Other than “flipping value” the 15 is a far superior drink than either the 20 or 23.Heck the 12 Van winkle reserve is better. Older only means more oak and less flavor. IMHO of course.

that 80% 20 was my deal - i need to close it!!!

yeah, def 100% SW juice. like i said, you got took.

typical cops. clueless. jk jk

really small market for the 23 - only db finance bros want it to compensate shortness and/or littleness

better to just sell outright and take your winnings on the market and buy the 20s or 15s.

blinded myself on weller 12 vs winkle 12 - picked weller by a mile.

You couldn’t find your ass with 4 hands, PILGRIM !!!