WTB or Trade for: 1 bottle of 2001 Roumier 'Amoureuses'

I need 1 bottle of 2001 Roumier ‘Amoureuses’ with good provenance for a Roumier ‘Amoureuses’ tasting next year.

Can trade fair value for fair value using WMJ auction levels.

Or can pay $750

Why would anyone want to pay $750 for a Burghound 87 point wine, where Christophe had stuck fermentation, had to add commercial yeast and finish fermentation in the barrel? That’s the point. We want to see if we can pick this one out, blind, vs other vintages of Roumier ‘Amoureuses’ and other producers of ‘Amoureuses’ in this vintage.

Hahaha, that’ s the first thing I thought “WTF does PH want this for?”
Good luck.

Yeah, I know. A unicorn bottle. But hopefully (for the tasting) a crappy (87 point) unicorn bottle that someone will say “$750, what an idiot, yours!”

relevant to your interests…and in line with your ‘bid’

http://www.hdhwine.com/auction-wine-detail/1412/Chambolle-Musigny-Les-Amoureuses/1041

Peter,

Cheers, and this follows my post on the Malconsorts thread. I do have '01 Amoureuses from Roumier which I will represent I bought on release and have kept in my off-site cellar since that time. The wine has never moved. I am happy to sell you one at your bid price. Frankly, I don’t know if the “wine” is worth what you want to pay, but I applaud your inclusion of the wine in the interest of science. I won’t be back in the states for a few days, but please feel free to hit me up next week if you still want the wine.

Howard