FS: 1999 sylvain cathiard aux malconsort

I have a case to unload. Please PM me with serious offer.

Splitting case? Single bottles? Price?

2 splitting cases. I rather selling the wine in 6 bottle lots.Paid 1550 pounds for 6 before shipping in UK. Looking for offers at least better than my cost.

To make everyone’s life easier here, I just did the conversion: He is looking for offers at least better than $404.38 per bottle.

Good work
I was hoping someone did the math wrong and make me a higher offer… [stirthepothal.gif]

The wines are gone.

Drank one last night and the rest are sold

Yikes. Prices sure have gone up. I bought that wine in london for $35/bottle before shipping.

when did you buy it?
I like Sylvain’s Malconsorts better than the dujac version…
I paid 10-15 a bottle for inglnook cab from 60s and 70s…and now those are going for hundreds if not 1000 plus.

cathiard malconsort has been pretty pricey for the last few years already. Maybe not $400 pricey, but north of $250 for the great vintages. This year the 05/10/02 are easily $350+ on the open market.

I will be happy to pay 350 for this wine from a top vintage. It is really difficult to find in the States. The 2011 one is selling for 400.

Oh, I bought it long ago - march 1, 2001, according to CT - long before Cathiard was hot. I bought a case from BBR. Paid $8/shipping; arrived May 2002.

flirtysmile wish I started drinking wine then…but I was still under legal drinking age then …
The cheapest I ever paid for that wine is about 250 at BBR before shipping…a good value for this wine imo

Hmmm. The ‘Sherlock Holmes’ in me needs to know. CT didn’t go to the general public until I think late '03. I joined in early '04 and have user #107.

So

1. Were you one of the first 20 or so beta users from ‘way back’?

or

1. When you joined CT, in addition to inputting the bottle, did you also input all purchase info for the bottles that existed in your cellar when you joined CT?

If the latter, I thought about that but in '04 the ‘net’ was a lot slower than today and wow that would have been a whole lot of work…

I think if you had an excel sheet, it just transferred right over with some help from eric

Ok back to the topic. Dd you see the price of 13 Cathiard Malconsorts ? Holy cow am I glad I dumped that beeetch.

Peter, although I joined early (i am user #342), i did not start using CT until much later when eric convinced me that transferring info from excel would be easy (and he did it for me). I have always kept a written inventory and still have the notebook i was using when i bought my 1999 pre-arrival burgs.