1969 Napa Cab in Good Shape??

My wife and I are nearing our 46th anniversary. Married in July 1969 on the blow hole in Mendocino, CA, in what can be described as a “hippie wedding”.

We would like to celebrate this with a decent '69 Napa Cab. Any good offerings out there that would not cost an arm and two or three legs??

If you have a good bottle at a decent price, I will send you some pics of our wedding. BTW, my father upset a number of people by saying “I never heard anybody say they were married”. We and the minister said a lot from various writings, but there was no standard phrases used (lol).

Bumpity bump. Must be one decent bottle rattling around out there, or known to one of you savvy wine chaps.

Tall order. I snooped around and without bidding on a bottle, the best I can find is a 69 BV Georges de Latour at Wine House in LA for $199.98 via Wine Searcher. Checked with a number of local collectors but nothing that old and no Napa Cabs that vintage at Benchmark.

https://www.hdhwine.com/retail-wine-detail/Beaulieu-Vineyard-Cabernet-Sauvignon-Georges-de-Latour-Private-Reserve/5490

Only a 1/2 but good winery

I had the 69 BV last week and it was fantastic. That would be a great choice.

1969 BV GdlT would have been one of my suggestions, or a 1969 Heitz if you can find it. But be prepared for the fact that a lot of wines from that era haven’t been properly stored since release,
so you’ll find a LOT of bottles that are way over-the-hill.

Bruce

Inglenoook, if you can find it, is an excellent choice as well

Arthur, sent you a PM.

WB strikes again. Will soon have a bottle of our anniversary juice. Thanks for all who looked and commented.