restaurant Georges Blanc?

Looking for a great restaurant not too far off autoroute A7.

The kitchen at Pic restaurant is undergoing renovation. Have been to Troisgros many times already. Regis Macon seems to me to be a wannabe Maison Bras. A friend recommended George Blanc. From the internet, reports mostly say that this is a faded residual of a three-star restaurant which has become extremely large and factory in spirit.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

If you are wedded to 3 stars then Georges Blanc in Vonnas is one of your best options.
If not, this one is not bad. Too bad Pic is renovating. It is a pretty amazing meal.

[soap.gif]

Our only overnight and dinner at George Blanc ensured, for my wife at least, that it was to be our only one.

On the other hand the ingredients for a great stay were all there and I would be prepared to give it another go. Particularly for the stellar breakfast and the very attractive setting.

However another 3* off the A6 [as is Blanc at Vonnas] rather than the A7 which is what it becomes, includes Lameloise at Chagny, in the middle of white Burgundy country, which we have enjoyed many times. Of course it is somewhat further North than Blanc but easier to get to.

Too bad about Pic which used to be a favourite when we used the A7 to go South.

Jeremy Holmes mentions a current stay at Lameloise very favourably in his ‘I like Burgundy too’ thread in Wine Talk.

1 Like

Anyone know about this place?
http://www.bonneetape.com/

It is on the way between Meursault and Monaco , our next destination

I would go just for the scenery. The cuisine would be an added bonus. Beautiful place.
Re: Lameloise. I have been twice. The first time was when he had two stars and the place was really trying.
Absolutely stunning.
Now it has become somewhat less charming to me. The food is still first rate.

Philip,

Did you ever go to Georges Blanc? If not where did you go?

Just seeing this now, but of those I’d definitely do Regis Marcon. Been hearing some great reports.