Leftover Ham

Was sent home from Easter with a lot of baked honey glazed ham - a little on the dry side. Your thoughts?

I don’t mind it a little on the dry side. I soaks up maple syrup better that way. Won’t notice it’s dry if you cut it up into small pieces and scramble eggs with it. Works well also in a Denver or Denver/Western omelet.

+1 on the eggs, a little runny when you dump them onto the plate. The eggs continue cooking and are firm but moist by the time you eat.

That guy who didn’t like green eggs and ham was a fool. [snort.gif]

Chopped up in a salad is nice too. Being a little dry is probably an advantage there.

With eggs was my first thought.
Asparagus is in season now, so toss some ham in with a quick saute, add pasta, and you have a meal.

P Hickner

There has got to be a ham and can of mushroom soup recipe out there somewhere. [snort.gif]

Add chopped ham to beans (I like cannellini) cooked with onion, carrot, celery and chicken broth. Add some dark, leafy greens if desired.

Use some older bread and some cheese and make a strata.

Speaking of bread, leftover ham can make a fine sammich…

Customer brought by some arancini (rice balls) made with leftover honey glazed ham, shallots and paprika yesterday and they rocked!

You are all wrong, the correct answer is “Ham and Pineapple Pizza”. But I think you all for playing.

If not too late, put in mac and cheese. Also goes good in scalloped potatoes.

This was really good. Added some wine and tomato paste and almost got a “cassoulet light”.

Winner, winner!

standard Chinese response is:

1)jook
2) fried rice
3) noodle soup

Big +1

BTW, I made the mac n cheese w/ham last week and it is the bomb.

[good.gif]

Thanks for that suggestion; I made that last week adding a bunch of kale to the mix. Delicious. I’ll be doing the mac & cheese & ham probably later this week (lots of the ham went into the freezer).

Bruce

Glad you liked it, Bruce. Instead of ham, I sometimes use the confit of duck legs from Costco.