Dallas / Fortworth BBQ recs?

My wife is gonna be in Fortworth (Omni hotel) for all of next week and looking for some recs for a few bbq joints for her to try. She’ll have a rental car. I think she has one day completely free, the rest would just be in the evening.

Thanks!

My house. Mansfield.

haha, if it was me I’d be down, but she won’t even go see my best friend who lives in Irving so you might be out of the running [snort.gif]

The closest one to downtown Fort Worth that I like the most is Cooper’s BBQ in the Stockyards. After that I’d be heading to Dallas for most of the rest on my list.

The Railhead is pretty good.

https://www.railheadsmokehouse.com/

Here’s a link to some other ones…

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/cityofate/2013/09/the_10_best_barbecue_places_in.php?page=all

great recs! She can do dallas too I think. Someone told her “billy bobs” in FW. Is that worth going to over any of the recs?

Billy Bob’s is a big ass tourist trap. Food is not even adequate. If she wants to drink over priced beer and ride a mechanical bull, then she should go. Otherwise that is not even worth mentioning.

Pecan Lodge in Dallas. She’d really have to be motivated though. Only open for lunch and the line starts early.

Lockhart (also Dallas) is good and access is easier, but it’s definitely not on the level of Pecan Lodge.

Pecan Lodge Wednesday through Saturday. Lines are long, however.

In Ft. Worth I’d try Coopers or Hard Eight (near Ft. Worth).

+1

If she really wants to go to Billy Bob’s tell her to eat at Cooper’s BBQ first and then pop into Billy Bob’s for a drink afterwards. They practically share the parking lot between the two buildings. They’re that close.

+1 what Chris and Chris said. If she’s willing to go to Dallas then Pecan Lodge is target one. However, plan on getting there early and waiting a fair amount of time in line. After that Lockhart in Dallas or Cooper’s in Ft. Worth gets my vote. After than I can agree with Hard Eight. Railhead is serviceable but I’ll grant you have haven’t been there in maybe 2 years at this point.

Wife is at coopers right now and sent me a drool worthy photo.
I’m very jealous. She got brisket. Pork ribs and pork loin.

Thanks for the recs!!
image.jpg

Cool. That looks familiar!

She texted me with “omggggg the pork loin so good”

I was jealous

…as you were chomping down on your 40day dry aged grass fed rib eye… [cheers.gif]

that was sunday. when she texted me yesterday I was stuck in traffic going home to watch the Clippers rock the Warriors neener

Taking notes on this thread for sure. Noting to show up in Mansfield wuth wine. Haha

Everyone is welcome.

Was just there last Ocotber. Tons of nice looking places in the a Stockyards. Coopers for sure. Sunset Plaza or whatever it’s called has some nice joints too. Grace was great, but not for Q.