Made some Pozole!!

Tronpa de puerco,Pata de puerco,lengua de puerco, orejus de puerco,pierna de puerco= pozole broth

I cooked all the important parts with garlic and onion for about 4 hrs.

Mean time I cooked the Corn seperately added a touch of chile-- here I used Jaunita’s Can Hominy about the same cook time. Cooled the two over night. Most people here arent fans of lips foot and ears, so I didnt add them in the final dish for our dinner. Tongue you bet and shread shoulder–Cabbage, onion radish and lime sides. I just didn t have a good Mexican oregano?

WE paired the soup with wine-- Blanco Tempranillo

I made this from the help of my Hispanic in laws!!

WE also made a sauce of toasted de arbol chiles, vinager and water to spice up the soup

You are killing me, Paul. One if my favorite dishes when made “regular way”, but this looks and sounds amazing.

WE cook things seperately, cuz, Rosario says

They traditionally take out all the seperate meats and shred them and keep them seperated. this way you can chose what you want in your soup. Her family is not a fan of the good stuff.

Also as the Posole cooks we add pork stock to replentish the broth

They serve like this!!

So they add the meats they wish, add Posole, then the broth. Around the table is limes, onions and cabbage

She also says if freezes better.

I was told in Mexico, she will make the traditional limed corn, washed a cleaned, and boiled but this take many hours

Looks terrific, I need to make some soon. I recently bought some dried posole from Purcell Mountain Farms. I have used it in some other dishes and it is absolutely a huge step up versus canned hominy, to my taste anyway.

Thanks for the inspiration, I need to make some this weekend.

I actually have Rancho Gordo–dried posole, but didnt use it . That i will use the next time. You know if you guys make it up and can post pictures do so…I’d love to see it!!

Cheers Paully