Seattle Restaurants Recommendation

Going to visit Seattle in two weeks. Any restaurants recommendation ? I am open for anything other than Asian food.

Thanks

You didn’t mention where you’d be staying. I had a super interesting meal at Miller’s Guild 12 Meanings When You Dream About Alligators couple of weeks back. Sat a the big butcher block counter and watched the team work, really work, over the wood fire grill. Here are some other links.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1190924#p1190924
http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1230339#p1230339
http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1304696#p1304696

Assuming you eat pork, gotta hit Paseo.

Michael

BUMP!!
We’ll be going to Walla Walla but base camp will be in Seattle in the Pike’s Market area.
Restaurant recommendations?

Matt’s in the Market, The Pink Door, Steelhead Diner. Dahlia Lounge and Wild Ginger are a short walk away.

P Hickner

Not much for me to add beyond the previous threads… … Le Pichet, Cafe Campagne, Lecosho are all good. Capital Hill: Spinasse, Lark, Altura. Fremont/Ballard/Wallingford: Walrus and the Carpenter, The Whale Wins, Tilth…

I’m looking for suggestions for something downtown (or close). We are staying at the W Hotel & it will be my wife and our two kids, aged 10 and 12. I’m interested in Italian/pasta & Spinasse clearly looks great, but I’d love something that’s a bit less expensive.

Maybe purple cafe but you’re right, spinasse is where you want to go.

Cantinetta is not particularly convenient to downtown, but Gasworks is a cool park and could be a nice chance to see a more residential part of town.

Michael

We have been going to the Pink Door for 25 years and it is a funky and unfussy Italian restaurant. Perfect for family. Sit on the patio and look out over the water and enjoy.

Aqua on the waterfront. Great wine selection!

RN-74 for the wine list.

Pink Door is nice and a family favorite, but I’d only go if the weather is nice or you’re catching a show. To be clear, it’s much more about the Seattle experience than it is the food.

If you’re in the market and like bourbon, swing by one of my favorite places, Radiator Whiskey. Quintessential Seattle experience - in the market, up a rickety flight of stairs, hipster comfort food, GREAT bourbon-based cocktails, overlooking ShowGirls. Can’t beat it for “seattle” and was there again last week to pre-party for the Chris Cornell concert.

Terra Plata is great (Melrose Market, so a schlep) for tapas and you can wander around Capital Hill, as well. Paseo is closed.

If you have a car, Café Juanita. Winning.

Spinasse is amazing.
Pink door I thought had very average food - like diner quality Italian. But like some say, there’s more to it than just food

Cafe Juanita is amazing but u need to drive
I like walrus and carpenter but it’s a wait (no reso)

The bone marrow at rn74 is pretty yummy

Paseo is not closed.

Indeed, it has reproduced. If rumors are true, it has divided into the good twin and the bad twin.

I haven’t had the original since it reopened, but In Bien is great.

We ended up eating at Spinasse on Saturday night. It was a great meal. Everyone, including the picky 10 year old, loved it.

That’s great to hear. Soon the potted egg with truffles will be back on the menu and I must eat it.

Stopped at Un Bien the other day for the pork shoulder, it was very good. Maybe a little better than I remember Paseo, and maybe slightly less sloppy too. But then I rarely went to the Fremont Paseo, maybe 2x. The Ballard Paseo on Seaview (short walk from my house) remains closed.

Very much agree that Un Bien is legit.