I Told My Wife I am NOT in the Minority, Now I Wonder.

We’re watching the Rachael Ray show, and she is making a burger with a over easy egg on the top. She comments about who would not want a nice egg running all over their burger. Crowd goes crazy.

Since I like my eggs either hard boiled or fried on both sides at least two times (just vulcanize it please), my Beloved smugly tells me, “see, you’re in the minority, and it is a very small minority too!”

Just thought I would take this opportunity to check this out, with all the classy folk with the good tastes. Where stand you on runny, yucky eggs, or God-fearing properly cooked fried eggs??

Runny. Love my eggs yolks runny, especially if it’s going to go on top of something. My wife loves it yellow and solid.

“Properly” cooked fried eggs have a runny yolk.

As far as I’m concerned, if the yolk is cooked I’m not interested, period.

Runny so I can sop up the yolk with my toast or mix it in with the Hollandaise sauce on my bennie.

runny yolk - yes
runny white - yuck
chalky, pasty yolk - yuck… for reference, I throw out the yolk on a hard boiled egg… nasty…

I love the recent addition of egg to a lot of dishes. I like my whites firm, and not runny. With that accomplished, I’ll take the yolk as runny as it can be. For most of The egg on top incarnations, like a burger, it seems like doing it with a petrified yolk isn’t even worth it. The yolk typically contributes some rich moisture. Fatburger has been doing the egg on top for 25 years.

Runny please!

Pretty much agree with all the above. Yolk needs to be runny so it can lap over food and be lapped up by toast. White needs to be cooked, otherwise it looks like snot (or worse). I too ditch the cooked yolk in a hard boiled egg (now a soft boiled is ok). Enjoy an egg over burgers, etc.

I was going to reply but Paul sums it up perfectly. I propose a poll. [cheers.gif]

I can’t stand eating eggs regardless of prep method. The thought of having to gag down poached eggs, or soft boiled or God forbid a runny yolk makes my stomach lurch. [barf1.gif]

I could eat them scrambled if my life depended on it but that’s my limit!

Pertaining to yolk only I like my egg slightly runny in sandwiches and very runny when on hash or the like for breakfast.

Runny.

Runny.

Yep, runny.

The perfect egg: White is cooked, yolk is running, wrapped in bacon, deep fried, sitting on a spicy sauce.

Runny=runs

So Paul, how do you make that masterpiece?

runny yokes are about as appetizing, and tasty, as a wet booger. Solid yokes for me. This is an example where everyone in the majority is crazy. The solid yoke people are the only sane ones…

Solid eggs provide the taste and sensation of eating a soft block of chalk.

The optimal yolk is still bright yellow, but partly firm and just beginning to set. Light yellow and crumbly = overcooked. Runny = undercooked.