Help with Orlando area Restaurants

I am travelling again for business this February and once again I have the job to choose a restaurant for our group of 8.
They enjoy good food in a upscale casual (Trendy or unique environment) atmosphere. BYO is not necessary. I have checked the restaurant lists and was thinking about Citrus, Luma on Park. Possibly California Grill?We are staying at the Portofino resort but do not mind traveling.
Thanks in advance.

I have heard positive things about Luma on Park. Would be more interested in the Ravenous Pig or Cask & Larder if you are heading to WP.

Ravenous Pig

Hi Cindy

I would shoot Robert Alfert a PM

Skip the California Grill - Too many screaming kids… unless you can get the wine room. If on Disney property Victoria and Albert’s or Flying Fish, Maybe Jiko.

George

Thanks everyone. I will check these places out.
Definitely eliminating the California Grill.Thanks for the tip

I’d like to hijack this thread a bit, if that’s okay.

I’ll be visiting my favorite cousins in Satellite Beach. We are attending a Sunday matinee show at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Centre, and I’d like to be able to recommend a place to eat afterwards that is between there and Satellite Beach (so SE Orlando, Cocoa). This isn’t a group that is looking for fine dining, but we all enjoy carefully prepared food. Gastropub kind of place might fit the bill. Thanks.

Heading back to the Rusty Spoon tonight. Excited to revisit.

Forgot to folow up. Had a great meal at Cask and Larder. Good cocktail list. Entree I had was grouper, and it killed.

Rusty Spoon - Great food and service. Dirty south (prawns, snapper grits in a saffron broth) was killer. Lamb was killer, pasta was okay/meh, apps good, desserts fantastic. Place was busy

I have yet to visit a “nice” restaurant in Orlando that I would choose to return to. Its really not a great food town.

Have you been to Ravenous Pig?

Not fancy but I return. (But I agree re: Orlando being a great food town).

No. The only place I’ve regularly enjoyed is Four Rivers Smokehouse, which is obviously not fancy. I go down for Spring Training games every other year or so.

John is mostly correct about Orlando, and yes, Four Rivers is awesome. Great yuppie BBQ and beer.

Some standouts:

Ravenous Pig
Pratta
K’s
Prima

Sorry I missed this thead, just don’t pop down here much.

Orlando is pretty mediocre on wine stores, too.