Jungsik NYC

Anyone else been? I went this past weekend and was really wowed. Very high end Korean in Tribeca. Rice dish with uni was off the charts spectacular. Not one bad course. Just curious if anyone else has had similar experiences. I didn’t see any posts.

it’s on my short list. thanks for the encouragement!

Yes it is excellent. I need to go back soon.

Its wonderful. Michelin ** by the way, and deserves it totally. Should be on everyone’s very short list for NYC.

Glad to hear others had a similar experience. What a great place!

Arnold and I went for our anniversary last night. Wonderful meal, stellar service, lovely room, nice wine list. We had a 2011 Donnhoff Norheimer Kirschek Spatlese which was drinking very well and paired well with most (though not all) of the food.

I don’t know if I would do the tasting menu again, it was a great introduction but expensive and I was pretty stuffed by the end of the meal.

I didn’t realize until about half way through the meal that it was the old Chanterelle space. I liked that restaurant.

one of my favs as well. great service, attention to detail and a refreshing take on many items we dont get to try very often!

its great to take first timers there as most people dont have much of a baseline for haute korean!

Kyungmoon Kim is the GM and somm and does a fantastic job. Very passionate about great wines and has some good ideas for unusal pairings.

I liked the list a lot. There were a lot of good choices with some reasonable markups. Of course since it was an anniversary dinner the wine had to be Spatlese and this fit the bill very nicely.

One other thing - a lot of attention went into the flatware, serving utensils, plates, etc. I’m looking to replace my everyday china and I kept looking under the plates thinking 'Hmm, I wonder how much this costs - it’s really nice." Unfortunately the usual answer was “quite a lot”.

Any recent experiences here?

Yes. It is still great. Food, atmosphere and service. A good choice for something special.

Went a few months ago and it was fantastic.

Thank you for the feedback, but it looks like I have been over ruled. I still want to try Jungsik, but it will have to be another time.