New Orleans Top 10 2013

You might not agree with all but a great list to choose from on your next visit.

We are so overdue to go back.

Enjoy

http://topics.nola.com/tag/new%20orleans%20top%2010%20restaurants%20of%202013/posts.html

Very politically correct list. Any reviewer who wants to retain their street cred has to include at least 2 Donald Link restaurants in a top 10 list.

He does seem to be on a roll. I generally find the TP Critic Anderson pretty spot on. Herbsaint is very good. Not sure top 10. I would agree with Conchon at least as a can’t miss destination.

Have you been to Borgne yet ?

What the heck happened to the Saints offense the last few games ? At least I didn’t stay up late…

I’ve never been to August, but from all that’s been posted here I’m surprised it’s not on the list.

Anderson recently returned to N. O. after an extended absence. From a purely qualitative view of dining at the highest level, there is no way that is an accurate top ten list. As much as I like Besh’s Domenica, it’s not in the same class as his Restaurant August.

Michael- good point. We went there a few years ago within the first year of being open. Very good but not at the same level.

Now, the top 10 though may not be all about the absolute best in fine dining but a mix of places not to miss ??

We liked Cochon but weren’t just blown away. Most dishes were good, a few clinkers and quite frankly it is a style of cooking that is a little ubiquitous in the home channel in this part of the country.

We have eaten at Domenica half a dozen times. For a casual grab a very high quality bite it is very good. The pizzas are superb (for New Orleans) original and inexpensive. They do a wine half price happy hour which is fun with unique stuff. Again very good, but not at any dining zenith.

Have never had a meal at Gautreaus that didn’t leave me wondering why we don’t eat here more. Maybe because it is a little out of the way and tucked into a neighborhood. Clancy’s is well deserving of the list, but is just slammed all the time. Tough to get into on a whim.

We’re eating at Commander’s 12/22 for our annual Christmas lunch.

Absolutely correct! I cannot imagine a list that does not include August.

Cheers!
Marshall [berserker.gif]