Madrid Restaurant Recs, Please...

We’re heading to Madrid for a few nights in mid-October, probably staying at the Westin Palace.

I need four nights of restaurant recommendations, from simple and great cuisine to haut and great cuisine. Also (maybe), a restaurant rec for one night in Toledo. Thanks in advance for your help.

If you do a quick search you will find some info. This thread aggregates some stuff. Madrid, Spain - Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes - WineBerserkers

I have been to Casa Lucio and can recommend it, although I don’t think it was exponentially better than some other places.

My favorite restaurant from my recent trip to Madrid was El Mollete.

El Mollete
Calle de la Bola, 4, Madrid, 28013
91-547-78-20

We had fantastic food- Classic spanish with some updates- and extremely friendly service in a intimate, rustic atmosphere.

Mark; We need to talk about Toledo before you go. One of my absolute favorite tapas bars in all of Spain is “La Tarasca.” It is located at Hombre de Palo, 6. It is owned by three brothers and simply reeks (in a good way) of family pride. Great tapas, platos, and drinks. They introduced us to all kinds of different Spanish libations. I also have a more formal restaurant for you but have to check the name.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

You gotta have suckling pig at Botin. I mean you just gotta. We went for a quick lunch and it was perfect.

There was one other great place that escapes me, the chef is a tv personality of sorts, have to check on that.

Bump: Mark K, did you go? Any thoughts?

Anyone else got other suggestions on Madrid restos? Am there next weekend.

Thanks in advance…… flirtysmile