Favorite everyday breakfast foods

I love eggs, and I’ve recently discovered how delicious sauteed onions are with scrambled eggs - this has become my ‘everyday’ breakfast of choice. Sauteed onions in some olive oil until they are sweet, then add the eggs and some truffle salt.

What are your favorite everyday breakfast foods?

Go out into the garden and pull a tomato along with a handful of basil leaves. Then whip up some eggs and just place the freshly sliced tomatoes with the basil leaves right on top.

Also good in between two slices of toasted sourdough with a few slices of bacon, this is more of a weekend treat.

I eat scrambled eggs with onions at least 3 days a week, adding in either broccoli, mushrooms, or peppers in with the onions. Sometimes I will include an Amy’s sausage which I cut up and saute with the onions before adding the eggs. I often include a half an avocado along with some cherry tomatoes as sides.

Jif Peanut Butter on toast . This and a latte is my breakfast 4 days a week. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

poached eggs with a generous squirt of sriracha

Whenever I can, this is my favorite:

CLASSIC!

Todd - if you can find them, do this with Cippolini onions.

Coffee…that’s it.

Frittata or Peanut Butter Toast.

The best is still cold pizza.

Monday-Friday:
Fruit (blueberries, raspberries, or peaches when available; dried cranberries other times); crunchy cereal (low sugar, whole grains, seeds - along the lines of Bob’s Red Mill Muesli); milk or yogurt.

Saturday:
Varies

Sunday:
Cranberry-bran muffins, pork sausage

Weekday: Blindly grope around cupboards and fridge for scraps. Take whatever I find, toss in the toaster, cover in Nutella.

Weekends: Something better.

Isagenix protein shake with frozen bananas, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries blended m-f. Keeps my weight down, tastes good and is healthy. Weekends are a different story

My favorite breakfast when I have time: sauteed onions, add other vegetable (zucchini lately) until begin to soften, add chicken stock/thyme cover until onions are tender, then reduce until almost all stock is gone. Top with fried egg whites with generous salt and pepper. Mike

When I used to eat breakfast regularly it was a bowl of cereal, (Cheerios or Raisin Bran), or toast with Jiff peanut butter.

Then I became a cop and breakfast was one or two donuts, cinnamon rolls or maple bars. [wink.gif]

Now that I’m retired it’s coffee except for my week in Myrtle Beach where I have eggs Benedict every morning with OJ and coffee.

Weekdays it’s a mish-mash. On weekends a big one, especially on Sunday. Huevos rancheros, chorizo con huevos, bacon or sausage and eggs. If I’m feeling like a big spender, I go out to Podnah’s Pit for smoked brisket and eggs with a biscuit or to the Original Hotcake House for eggs, bacon and pancakes.

Will OJ be part of your foursome? [snort.gif]

Truett, OJ is in jail for 33 years on robbery charges. He’s not joining anybody’s foursome anytime soon.

Like the other working people here, I too have a “weekday” and a “weekend” go-to breakfast.

Weekdays: A vitamin pack composed of one vitamin C, one calcium/magnesium, one fish oil and one multivitamin tablet. I down this with a protein shake composed of protein powder or egg whites, 1/2 cup of juice, 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, and 1/2 cup of frozen fruit. My go-to fruits are strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, pineapple, peaches or mangos. When in season, I cut them up and freeze them myself. I finish my weekday breakfast off with either a bowl of homemade granola or steel-cut oatmeal. Both see the addition of dried nuts, dried fruit, and dried coconut.

Weekends: These are my special breakfast days where I try to do a Denny’s style breakfast but still keep it relatively healthy. Start with the same vitamins and the same shake minus the protein or egg whites. The base of my main course is now eggs and breakfast meet. I will make over-easy, scrambled or an omelette using 1 whole egg and some liquid egg white. while I’m making this, either sausages, ham strips or bacon strips are grilling on my George Foreman grill. A thick slice of my homemade multi-grain bread is toasting in the oven as well. This is always topped with chunky peanut butter made from whole peanuts and/or some Nutella. Sometimes I will just combine the multigrain bread with the eggs for some French toast.

As of late, I have been debating whether or not to add icewine or some Moscato D’asti to this and have been holding off as I don’t think alcohol in the morning is a good idea and I already have some every night with dessert anyway.

Rodney is the REAL deal!

If we’re not talking about golf…

I didn’t realize he’s supposed to be in jail. He hasn’t missed our tournament for the last 15 years. [shock.gif]