Restaurants in Zurich?

Any suggests for restaurants in Zurich? Will be there for three nights on business in late June. Thanks!

What? People don’t eat in Zurich? :slight_smile:

I love Zurich but honestly I couldn’t name a restaurant, and it’s been a few years since I’ve been there. I just walk around the old town until I cross something that looks good.

If you ever go back, my wife’s all-time favorite is there. The Lindenhofkeller. It also has an amazing wine list.

My favorite hotel is also there, the Widder. I just saw this, sorry you didn’t get it before your trip!

Caduff’s Wine Loft

Great expensive food, amazing burgundy gems, some at below market prices.

When I was there in 2011, I got an 88 Rousseau beze at about 180 euros. Not sure what’s left, but you don’t order off a list, you go into the cellar with Caduff. Went there twice in four nights.

Reviving this one in case anyone ever makes their way here again.

Three personal recommendations:

Restaurant mesa
One-star restaurant with a very easy-going atmosphere (we once asked if they’d be okay with us bringing along a toddler - they said no problem). Really good food with an interesting concept (you choose the number of courses and then mix and match across appetizers, mains and desserts). And beyond that, an absolutely ridiculous wine list with prices quite regularly way below what you’d pay if you were buying them for your own cellar.

Ristorante Da Angela
Fantastic Italian place that feels really authentic. Highly recommend their ravioli al buro e sugo. Great service, too.

Josef
Right in the middle of the main nightlife area (Langstrasse), this place has abolished different stages of the meal. You choose the number of plates and the order in which you want to eat.

In Lenzburg is a great restaurant called Rosmarin. The chef is extremely talented (Philip Audolensky). He and Daniel Humm trained together and his food is very similar to Daniel’s early food at EMP. Lenzburg is about 20 minutes by train from Zurich.

http://www.restaurant-rosmarin.ch