Gourmet food at...airports!

I had an amazing thai chicken curry dish at a place in Miami airport last month. I forget the place’s name. $10 bucks or so and it was plenty of food.

Yes, they do. I had a Bloody Mary there. I would have eaten there, but I had already eaten. It looked quite good.

Chicago O’hare has a Rick Bayless Tortas restaurant that is very, very good. It also has a new Sushi restaurant called Wicker Park that looks very nice but I haven’t tried it yet.

George

Along the same lines, the Acme Oyster House location at the New Orleans airport was pretty decent.

Bruce

Must be better than his place at JFK, which is an over-priced vomitorium.

EDIT - I’m thinking Todd English’s place.

Orlando has a Chili’s. pileon

vomitorium - noun - an opening, as in a stadium or theater, permitting large numbers of people to enter or leave.

dont’ worry, Los Angeles airport is even worse, you can have no name fast food mexican, japanese, chinese or mcdonalds!

I’m guessing you missed an SNL skit during the heyday.

Wolfgang Pucks place at LAX is bearable but I LOVE La Caretta cuban sandwich place in Miami International.

Legal Seafood- Logan
Seattle has a really good fish restaurant

There’s an Ike’s in MSP which is an extension of a resaturant downtown by the same name, which will serve you a decent steak. There’s also a new wine bar/shop (“Flights” - heh) but I have no idea if it’s any good.

Cat Cora opened up a place in SFO.

George

O’Hare’s United Terminal C has a Berghoff’s with truly excellent hand-carved turkey, corned beef and roast beef sandwiches for $5.95 each.

Found this thread while looking up Miami eats (thanks for the rec in here) and wanted to share this link:

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/americas-best-new-airport-restaurants

I personally love the Bayless place at ORD. There is also another Pappadeaux in Houston

I was somewhat embarrassed at myself when I was at BWI and discovered the newish A gates. I usually eat at the Pizza place in the old A gates while I wait for my hopper plane. Who knew there were so many good eats just a few steps and an escalator up away!

John Wayne (Orange County) has Zov’s Bistro in their new terminal which just opened a week ago. Pretty good mediterranean food with the main restaurant in Tustin. Haven’t tried it yet but saw the signs recently.

Tortas Frontera in O’Hare is killer.

One Flew South - Atlanta (thanks John Liotta)

Le Grand Comptoir - Houston - This is pretty good. (thanks Tom Gutting)

I avoid all Wolf Gangs with the exception of Denver. That one is very good.

Really glad to hear about Zovs at John Wayne. Although I rarely eat there.

Jason

The new Bayless place in Terminal 3 just opened- now I have someplace to eat in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. Easily the best food I’ve had at an airport. Almost missed my flight today because of lunch!

And Pappadeauxs is from Houston, not New Orleans

Technical issue, but Pappadeaux is part of the Pappas (Greek family) group of restaurants started out of Houston, not New Orleans. Within their group, they have Mexican, Seafood, BBQ, and steak.

Chris

Salt Lick BBQ at Austin.