Where to eat in downtown Burlington, VT?

Jen is on business travel, in downtown Burlington, VT - any restaurant reccs?? (not super fancy/expensive, just good)

Downtown Burlington has Hen of the Wood. Good food. Wine list is ok but a nice variety of cocktails. Maybe one of the better restaurants in Burlington.

I am partial to East West - a super casual Thai restaurant. Inexpensive and the food is very good and fairly traditional. Nice people that run and own the place. It is BYOB so if Jen is checking a bag, you can send along your finest bubbly for her to enjoy.

The Farmhouse Grill is also in downtown Burlington. It has good local food - good burgers and cheese plates. Excellent beer list - with a strong showing of Vermont’s finest.

Pizza Verita - makes Neapolitan style wood fired grilled pizza. Some top salads too. Usually excellent.

Hen of the Wood is probably the most expensive but it is not outrageous. Entrees probably $22 to $34. All of the places are fairly casual.

Some good Vietnamese restaurants nearby but just not in downtown Burlington.

Happy to give additional input on the city (food, hotels, things to do, etc.).

Thanks!

Red Onion Cafe great for lunch, the sandwich by same name is A+

Jen should go to Farmhouse and eat at the bar. Literally a world class beer list and the food is good too. Alternatively she should go to American Flat Bread which is also great.

A pro move would be to drive to Folino’s in Shelburne. Maybe 15 minutes from downtown Burlington and get what I would say is some of the best pizza on the east coast. It’s attached to Fiddlehead brewery and doesn’t have a liquor license so you can stop next door and get a growler or growlette of their incredible IPA to go with your pizza. Get the bacon and leek with olive oil base!!!

I love Burlington.

the boys are at msg for a bit…

How’s Henry’s Diner these days?