Milwaukee Restaurant Suggestions

The family will be in Milwaukee next weekend, and I’m looking for current restaurant suggestions (the last thread I could find on the topic was from 2011). We are staying downtown, but have been known to Uber or even drive if it is worth it. Probably not looking for top end on this trip.

Thanks in advance

Originally recommended to me by Alex:

www.apbarandkitchen.com

Good food, good and interesting wine list that is fairly priced. Service was a bit off when we went, but it didn’t detract from a positive experience.

The MAM is nice too and the Miller tour is worth doing if you have some time.

I love going to the old German Beer hall. Especially if the dude playing the horn is there. Super casual. They have simple German comfort food.

Thanks, Corey. MAM and Cubs/Brewers are the reason for the trip. Appreciate the tips

Was just there. Ate at Wolf Peach and The Tandem and would go back to both. Wolf Peach is new-ish wave, wood burning oven, farm to table. The Tandem is hearty Milwaukee cuisine, kielbasa, oxtails and rice, chicken livers etc. (don’t miss the delicious Memphis Style spicy fried chicken.) Be sure to have coffee at Anodyne, one of my favorite coffee joints in the USA.

Hinterland and Crazy Water are two of my favorites.

I had a very good lunch at Bavette a few weeks ago.

http://www.bavettemilwaukee.com