Great Scallion Pancake Recipe

We were watching America’s Test Kitchen when Arnold asked “can you make those?”

I looked up the recipe online and these were the best scallion pancakes I’ve ever had. Highly recommended.

Subscription only?

No, you just need to register (which is free).

Is this the same recipe?

It does seem to be, yes.

That is one loooooong recipe.

But each step is pretty simple and is there for a specific reason. And the end result is worth it.

That recipe’s pretty legit. It’s how my Dad makes it.

Here is a video of Joanne Chang’s recipe for scallion pancakes that uses pizza dough. I have made this several times and I have never seen people at a dinner party line up for more.

it’s really simple, once you make it once, you can fudge the recipe in the future.

Also make a huge batch once. Roll out extras and sandwich between parchment paper/saran wrap/foil and then ziploc/vacuum seal in the freezer. Then later on, just pan fry frozen. no need to defrost.

Good to know, thanks. With that option it seems like a great party appetizer.

if you’ve never seen anyone line up for more, why make them?

You have no idea how hard it was to resist posting that. [cheers.gif]

I now know that I have more self-control than alan (if no one else), though considering the sizes of our respective cellars I probably should have realized that years ago.

I have absolutely no self control. None. The bar is low, Jay.

Jeez, this board is like a group of teenagers on facebook.

I cook because of the pleasure of cooking and seeing my friends and family enjoy eating my food.

FYI, I trained at 3 - 3 star Michelin Restaurants in Paris in 1976-78 , long before young american chefs trained in France. I no longer cook professionally and cooking at home is my mindfulness meditation.

Whoa, I just made these yesterday…well close anyway. We do HomeChef and the recipe yesterday was:

Vietnamese Shrimp-Stuffed Crispy Pancakes - delicious and easy!

Start the Batter

Place 1¼ cup water, rice flour, curry powder, and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl. Whisk together until a thin batter forms.
pancake.png

Dude, that’s close to green onion pancakes the way an oatmeal raisin cookie is close to snickerdoodles. Same shape and food category, I’ll give you that.

Regardless, looks tasty!

I mean…it’s a pancake filled with green onions. Was awfully good! flirtysmile

Betty,

Don’t pay attention to Scott. He eats at IHOP and drinks 16% stouts. He’s not exactly right in the head.

Have you ever had their Harvest Grain ’N Nut Pancakes? Mmmmmmm Mmmmmm Yum! [drinkers.gif]