d'Artagnan 30% off flash sale today only

Limited selection but some good options there. I stocked up on dried morels.

Link

Bought 3 Lamb loins and 2 Berkshire Pork Loins and having them shipped to my sister in TN for my visit the last two week so this month. She wanted to do a Lamb dinner because her husband loves lamb, but was having trouble finding a good source near her. I added the Berkshire Pork…well, because it is Berkshire Pork and the lamb seemed lonely to be shipping all by themselves. champagne.gif

40% off selected items flash sale today only. I really wish Arnold hadn’t filled up our freezer last week. To make matters worse I just ordered a leg of lamb yesterday from deBragga (they have NYS apple finished lamb once a year in the Autumn and I’ve been wanting to try it).

Jay, I want to hear everything about that lamb once you prepare it. Pics too, if it’s not too much trouble.

Need some duck fat, but not sure I need to order a 10 lb tub

Portion it out and freeze. It will keep for years.

Enabler, bought the tub, have some containers to repack and freeze. added some foie gras cubes

It arrives tomorrow and I’ll be cooking it on Sunday. I’ll try to remember to take pictures, I’m too old for that to be my default behavior.

Here’s the link in case you want see their pictures:

https://www.debragga.com/lamb/apple-fed-lamb.html

If our freezer wasn’t full I’d have tried to find someone with whom I could split a whole lamb.

You don’t take pictures of your food because you’re not an idiot. And I can say that because I often find myself taking pictures of my food and then asking “why did I do that?”.

That lamb looks delicious. Also, I’m mad at you, because the last thing I need to do is to spend more money on stuff I don’t really need. And with that said, have you ever tried the venison from D’Artagnan?

Hey, I resemble that remark.

Nice.

I split the duck fat with a friend, no brainer there.

Sorry, never tried their venison. I’ll report on the lamb on Monday. Unless I accidentally overcook it or something in which case I’ll just pretend this whole exchange never happened.

Wow! Their boar sausage is part of the 40% off sale - Jay - thank you immensely for the heads up!

This is also the time of year for duck fat fries - I’ve seen their duck fat in smaller containers (8 oz?) at Kings, wine Library and Shop Rite.

you’re welcome!

Puts those small containers to shame, will be breaking this down over the weekend.

Thanks for the heads up. Placed a nice order today cant wait to get the goodies. The green circle chicken look amazing

Website malfunctioned last night they honored the deal for me today!

Did you get the regular green circle or the heirloom? The regular are great, if they ever have a sale while we have freezer space I’m looking forward to trying the heirlooms.

Jay,

We ordered the Heritage chickens.

Cant wait to try one of those as well as the Fois Gras cubes. I see a serious burger with seared Fois Gras and a brioche bun in my future:).

Ordered some other items as well…Yum.

My biggest challenge is which bottle of wine for burger night? Fortunately, delivery is not for a couple of weeks so I have time to ponder that all important decision.