Sweet Cherry Vendors?

Can anyone recommend any good vendors for sweet cherries? I used to order from Buckskin Orchards, which consistently delivered great fruit, but they have apparently gone under.

Frog Hollow.

That looked good. I just ordered some of those and some of their peaches to try out.

Our local farmers markets sell good but not great cherries and terrible peaches so I have my fingers crossed. In either case I see peach pie in my future.

Thanks Alan. Jay, please let me know how they turn out. I’m struggling with the notion of getting CA peaches, but GA and SC have very short crops this year so I may have to give them a try as well.

Will do. Ironically our low end supermarket sometimes gets in good Georgia peaches which are far, far better than the local varieties our Farmers Market has.

I still think longingly of the peaches I bought outside of Portland a few years ago.

Very good but not spectacular and therefore not worth the price to me. Did nothing to erase the memory of those Portland peaches. The cherries are better, rich, sweet and meaty.

Thanks for the report Jay. I may have to pick up some cherries next week.

Having almost finished off the box I’m not sure the Cherries are worth the price either unless you really need good cherries and have none available locally. They are certainly excellent but a little on the sweet side for me.

I do love the rich cherry-meaty flavor though.

Thanks for the additional update. They were sold out when I checked yesterday, which saved me from overspending.

Back on peaches this thread had me searching for other vendors selling clingstone peaches. I ordered some from Kauffman’s Fruit Farm which were both less expensive and IMO better than the ones from Frog Hollow:

https://www.kauffmansfruitfarm.com/store/item?id=PHBOX

eataly flatiron sells frog hollow peaches and nectarines.

If it’s the same price as their website IMO they are good but overpriced.