Anova Nano (pricing expires tomorrow June 8th)

Anova Nano

The Nano is the world’s first lab-grade quality cooking device for under $100. To deliver incredible precision at an affordable price is no small feat. With Anova, you’re getting a quality device without sacrificing the precision we’re famous for.

It’s a 700watt version in a smaller size than their Wifi/Bluetooth models. (900/800 respectively). Half the weight of the larger models

$69 for now.

I have had version 1 Anova and the BT anova and they are excellent home cook devices. Picked up a couple of nanos as potential gifts

Thanks to Jordan Whitehead for posting it on FB - I bought one instantly. Now to wait until October…

Thinking of grabbing one for a second unit. I have the original pre-wifi 1100 watt version and love it. Is the only difference in lower wattage models time to bring the water bath up to temp and vessel capacity? I’m assuming once at temp cook times are the same.

Just picked up one from the email offer.

If you’re worried about how long it takes to get water up to temp, just remember to add hot tap water to your container first.

Bruce

I grabbed one this morning after seeing Kenji’s tweet.
Looking forward to it. Hopefully, we see it before Oct.

Yes, but the water also needs to be brought back up to temp quickly when the bags go in, they’ll drop the water temp as well. Then you have general heat loss from the bath container. Usually the higher wattage the better (obviously). But as long as your vessel is small you’ll be fine. Since you have the V1 you’re golden. You can even use both of them together in the same larger container!

I think the model one 1100 watt one is the best one they made so far. Easiest to use. Seems they went back to that design with this one.

I have the original Anova which I like quite a bit. Got this to complement that unit. Thanks for the link!

Also, shots fired at ChefSteps!

I use a Cambro container for the water bath container, and bought the matching lid. I then cut out a small square from the lid to fit the Anova, so that the rest of the Cambro/water is covered. Cuts way down on heat loss and water loss from an extended cook.

Bruce

Interesting pricing
$69 for 1
$155 for 2 ($77.50 each)
$229 for 3 ($76.33 each)

Smart play is to just buy 1, multiple times. Of course I did not do that, I wasted $22 and bought the 3-pack for holiday presents. I got arbed!!!

Peter, the special that just expired was 3 for $199, so it saved about $8 over the single unit pricing. That’s what I bought and was charged $199. I’m guessing prices changed after this special expired, but you are right, that new scheme doesn’t make any sense.

Also, I believe they have a 60 day cancellation policy, so you could easily cancel and rebook as 3 separate units to save the money.

When I ordered last night, when the promotion was still going, that was the pricing.

Anova Nano update today:

…In June, we launched pre-orders for the Precision Cooker Nano. We expected to begin shipping pre-orders in October. Unfortunately, this timeline has changed and we’re incredibly sorry to share that Nano won’t ship this year. We want to be completely transparent with you about the situation and what we are doing about it.

We’ve put together three options for you to choose from in light of these delays. These options include: (1) exchanging the Nano for a Precision Cooker Bluetooth, (2) waiting for the Nano, or (3) getting a full refund. Please select your preference on the Anova blog…

Took the Bluetooth myself. May is a long delay.

got the same message.
not sure if I should just get a refund and buy a Joule or the bluetooth Anova

If you take a refund, they said they will honor pre-order pricing at a future date. Similarly, if you wait, they will offer a discount on the Bluetooth so you can have something sooner.

Was basically looking for a another unit for another location, so took the Bluetooth option as well. Although they say they will confirm your choice.

I wonder what the discount is if you decide to wait. I’ve got a joule and was debating needing a second. I definitely don’t need a 3rd :slight_smile:

But I do like the idea of a smaller device. The joule is pretty small though. Not sure it can be smaller than that.

Scott

I remember watching Jean Louis Palladin on TV wrap a duck breast up in soaked string and hang it in front of his fire place and spun it every few minutes while it cooked. I thought that was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Pretty much the same as controlling multiple sous vide units from an I Phone. It took me some investigating to figure out exactly what this thread was about. I’m such a geezer.

Lower wattage shouldn’t be an issue when adding bags to an already at temp water bath. Just add some hot or even boiling water at same time to get temp back up quickly.