Stupid food orders

There are some real classics here; enjoy!

Bruce

No vegan mayo for her egg salad sandwhich? Priceless

Customer complains after eating her omelette that the menu didn’t explicitly state that it contained “so much egg…”
The meringue covered egg whites is another good one.
They’re all amazing, for some reason this one really hit me funny.
Thanks for the link.

I would tell these customers to please leave immediately. Wow

I remember being in line behind someone at McDonalds when I was in high school. The person ordered a Big Mac with no meat. I thought this was very funny at the time. They didn’t think it was as funny as I did. Had to talk my way out of that one. I don’t laugh at people’s food orders after that…

Was dining with friends at a local club, on their annual “Cassoulet Night.”
Overheard the dining room manager ask an adjacent table, “How is everything?”
Response from a long-time club member: “Everything is fine. But next year, can’t you make it without beans? I don’t like beans.”

…probably heard that normal mayo contains gluten? [scratch.gif]

Back in the 90s, I went to lunch with a Goldman Sachs banker and an ad salesman from our publication at Fraunces Tavern, near Wall Street. The ad guy the broad shoulders and bulk of someone who had been a football lineman in high school. To all appearance, this was a meat-and-potatoes man if there ever were one.

After perusing the menu, he pointed to the veal chop and asked, “Is that vegetarian?”

At first I thought I’d misheard him, and gave him a quizzical look. “Is that vegetarian?” he repeated.

I said something to change the topic so that the Goldman guy, who had had his head down in his own menu, would think he’d misheard the question and not conclude that this guy was as thick as the veal chop.

It turned out my colleague was vegetarian and had no idea what veal was!

There was a lot of headshaking and laughter when I reported back to my boss on the lunch.

My wife shares a story about her Dad occasionally. When they were kids he went through the drive thru at a Dairy Queen and ordered a “Dairy Queen”…to go.

Maybe not so stupid. [wink.gif]

Back in junior high my best friend at the time ordered the “our greatest hamburger” burger from Hamburger Hamlet. It had cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon and 1000 island dressing.

He asked for it without cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions pickles, bacon or dressing.

David Kinch in Mind of a Chef was talking about all the exceptions they get. I think one of the most common was, celiac/gluten intolerant, soy sauce OK.

He must have been a devotee of Jack Nicholson:

6wtfNE4z6a8

Such a great scene.

Having read the article, I can totally understand ordering French Onion Soup with no onions. I love that soup but I squish all the onions to the side of the bowl to get the broth without eating them. Just getting broth with a crouton and cheese on the top would be heavenly.

No onions, as in you just want them removed before you have the soup, or no onions as in you want it made without onions?

As in I want to ladle out the soup into my bowl with no slices of onion in it, then prep with bread and cheese as normal.

You can’t make French Onion soup without onions, just like you can’t make roast chicken without a chicken. If that’s what they were asking for then [head-bang.gif]

What you’re asking for isn’t far out or crazy. I interpreted the original story to mean that someone wanted the French onion soup made without onions. On [head-bang.gif] we agree!

Where do you stand on chicken salad sandwiches without the chicken?

Put it between your legs!