Suggestions for Lisbon

Going to Lisbon for three days. Any and all food and wine suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

Cervejaria Ramiro is an amazing seafood restaurant. Get there early because they don’t take reservations, and order a glass of wine and jamon iberico de bellota if you’re able to wait inside.

Grab some egg tarts at Pastéis de Belém before you go sightseeing next door at Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, then walk to Belem Tower.

A Ginjinha is a famous sour cherry brandy place. I don’t love the stuff, but it was a fun experience nonetheless.

Have fun! Lisbon is a great little city.

Excellent experience at Belcanto.
Had a nice lunch at By the Wine, which is JM Fonseca’s wine bar in Lisbon.

Belcanto is the gem, but in case you need a bistro version by the same chef, then Cantinho do Avillez just across the street is a pretty good substitute.

If you’re in for seafood, the freshest and tastiest kind, then I 2nd the suggestion on Cervejaria Ramiro. It’s very casual, somewhat messy and even the gruff wait staff will not deter me from going back there if I’m in Lisbon. A seafood-lover’s must! If you hate seafood, but is a carnivore, then go for their steak sandwich … I had that for dessert. http://www.cervejariaramiro.pt/

I’m not that big on Pasteis de Belem. It’s only OK if you’re in area to visit the Monasterio. Otherwise, the sweet egg tart can be had pretty much anywhere in d/t Lisbon without regret of going all the way to Belem for it.

Wine Bar do Castelo is a low key wine bar up in the hills by the castle (Sao Jorge) just overlooking downtown. With some nice charcuterie and jamon, there’s a ton of local wines available by the glass. Good engaging staff. It was recommended to me here in the Travel page before I visited Lisbon a few years back.

Thanks for the suggestions. I booked the trip at the last minute and am currently on the waitlist for Belcanto.

Any specific suggestions for Sunday?