Who Has Been To Hotville (Hot Chicken) In Los Angeles?

I’ve yet to find any decent Hot Chicken outside of Nashville but this sounds intriguing.

Offline?

Best,

Jason

Have you gone to Howlin rays?

Also Hotville has nothing to do with Prince’s other than it being a relative. Hotville Chicken is NOT Prince's Hot Chicken - Los Angeles - Food Talk Central

Update: I just got off the phone with Prince’s Hot Chicken in Nashville, Tennessee. I spoke with the owner who confirmed that it is their niece, who is running Hotville Chicken, but the owner said, “No, no, it’s not the Prince’s Hot Chicken. She’s got her own thing and recipe. There’s only 1 Prince’s Hot Chicken, right here in Nashville…” > :open_mouth:

I got some extra hot from Howlin Ray’s. OMG that sh#t was en fuego.

Brave brave man.

Little known fact. You can drink at the benches

Haven’t been to Howlin Rays. Up for either. Didn’t mean to imply that this was Prince’s west, although they do say it is the same recipe. Similar to 400 Degrees. I got the impression that Howlin Rays was not Nashville Hot Chicken. Whatever the case, it sounds yummy to me.

Jason

Howlin Rays advertises as Nashville hot chicken. It’s delicious and you can drink wine/beer there. Lines are CRAZY though.

And both are walking distance from Union Station. I’m in.

Jason

How about Hot Star? A bit of a hike for me behind the East LA Curtain, I-405, but my favorite London chef and his Taiwanese-American wife made a point of going there when they were recently in So Cal.

Don’t bother. Not that it isn’t tasty, it’s not venturing far for. It’s basically flattened chicken thigh fried then sprinkled with spices. It’s a very popular Taiwanese street food that’s why Taiwanese flock to it. Anything that reminds us of the mother land and is first to market in LA is gonna be a destination for us.

Thanks. I may be in Pasadena, if I get my vaccinations and visa in time, later in the week for work and might stop by for lunch.

Yellow fever shot??? :smiley:

Wow. No.

Maybe a little Typhoid vaccine.

Original fried chicken. Medium spice (not spicy at all). Side of cheese fries and green tea. $11.

At hot star.
IMG_9498.JPG

Looks yummy.

Jason