Wanted -Pasta salad recipes for homeless shelter BBQ.

For 2015, we sponsored a Thanksgiving banquet for the family homeless shelter in White Plains and one of you gave me a recipe for sweet potato pie that was so good that the staff remembered it and asked me to make it again in 2016. This year, we are also doing a Memorial Day BBQ for the shelter families. It will be a different group because they are pretty good at finding people permanent places to stay. Grilled chicken, hot dogs and burgers are the main course. We’re going to make assorted cold pasta salads along with the all time favorite food,Mac and Cheese. If anyone has any special pasta salad recipes, I’d like to see them. It has taken a few years for me to convince my Rabbi tat the Laws of the Sons of Noah allow me to serve Mac and Cheese to guests at our synagogue, but here is no way she will go for pig or shellfish, so bacon and shrimp are not allowed.

No General Tso’s chicken? Oh, wait, wrong holiday…

Always a hit with BBQ and gets better made ahead: Chinese Noodles
1 lb spaghetti
3.5 T each sesame oil/black soy sauce
1.5 T balsamic vinegar
2 T sugar
2 t kosher salt
1/2 to 1 T hot chili oil
top with 4 T green onions

Tri-color short fusilli cooked al dente, canned Cento artichoke hearts, in 1/4 pieces, pitted black olives, great olive oil, pinch of fresh oregano or thyme, salt pepper and splash of white balsamic vinegar. Prepare at least 4 hours in advance and refrigerate.
Easy and delish.

I need to preface this by affirming that all other dishes I cook are organic, from scratch, etc etc but this pasta salad just works -recipe from an old boss of mine:

Cook spaghetti
Toss while still warm-ish with:
cubed cheddar
chopped green and red peppers
chopped red onions or sweet onions
chopped cucumbers

Season with McCormick Salad Supremeb Seasoning

and toss in Kraft House Italian dressing

Refrigerate - overnight is even better - and then adjust seasonings if needed