The Best Bad Restaurant Review since Guy Fieri was reviewed by the NYT

This needs to go into the Hall of Fame, along with the Fieri review and A. A. Gill L’ Ami Louis one.

Yeah, that’s a great one. Oh boy on that onion dish actual vs press picture. Cats arse :slight_smile:

I like the “Older Gentlemen dining with their Nieces” line.

First and only trip to Paris was last summer and unfortunately, I saw this way more than I would have ever imagined. Maybe I am not eating at the right places in the US to see it here.

Ate there 4 years ago and what struck me was that everything was so technical, but I didn’t think anything was better than just good.

The best part of the meal was when we left. An older gentleman and his wife observed as we walked by with our two year old daughter (whom had just endured a 3 hour lunch with nary a peep) and commented in french, “Is she having the time of her life in Paris?”. It took me a second to translate and when I did, welled up with pride.

That was my favorite line (and there were plenty to choose from) as well. [cheers.gif]

Yes, that was a great drive-by line.

I also liked the description of the decor:

The dining room, deep in the hotel, is a broad space of high ceilings and coving, with thick carpets to muffle the screams. It is decorated in various shades of taupe, biscuit and f*ck you.

Makes me want to go there more. I don’t much respect him as a food writer. We ate in the bar last summer which comes from the same kitchen and found the food excellent. Not cheap obviously though the Coche we drank with it was.

I’ve been there a couple of times and the most memorable thing that happened was the sommelier who told me I didn’t know how to identify a corked wine.

I always thought the table side pedestals were for placing the wine list in between wine selections. I had no idea they were for hand bags.

At Gotham Bar and Grill, every night resembles Father’s Day.

Don’t agree with the review and the majority of posters. I’ve had a number of excellent/great meals there. Food has always been great with service being perfectly polished without being stiff. I’ve always brought a few bottles as well as ordered a bottle or two off the list and the sommeliers have always been affable.

Remember the chef changed at the end of 2014.