Heat-proof tape for pan handles?

Has anyone successfully wrapped a cooking pan handle with a heat-resistant, self-sticking tape, something that isn’t slick on the surface but ideally has some texture for gripping? Like a sports or tool handle wrap, but able to withstand heat? The pans I’m thinking about, copper pans with iron handles, won’t go in the dishwasher (I’m the dishwasher). Thanks for any information.

[Vollrath makes slip on handles that work like a champ and last for years but they don’t easily fit all sizes of handles.]

Wrap heavily with bacon. After fifty uses, do not wash the handle. Just eat it.

Try Rescue Tape. You get a choice of colors and it’s easy to apply as well as remove. Made of silicone, will withstand 300°+. It will peel over time but can be reapplied. No adhesive, self-adhesive.

I solved this problem with silicone too, by pulling off silicone coated handles from Goodwill purchased Teflon pans and reattaching to my pans.

Brian, I found rescue tape in my google search yesterday and I might try some; it certainly has the right performance characteristics although the surface might be a bit slicker than I’d like. Seems like a great, all-purpose tape to have around, though.

Paul, I’ve got one non-stick pan I’m about to retire and will re-use the silicone handle sleeve but I hadn’t thought of looking for some used pans for their sleeves. Good idea.

The surface is not slick. Give it a try.

Alright, Brian, thanks for the further information. I’ll give it a try if I can find it by the single roll.

Don’t they sell Silicone pot handle sleeves? I did a search on Amazon and a ton came up for 4-6$ each.

Scott, yes, like the Vollraths I mentioned in my original post. “[Vollrath makes slip on handles that work like a champ and last for years but they don’t easily fit all sizes of handles.]”