Reheating Mussels in Sauce

We gorged on mussels in my special sauce last night. BUT, getting older, we ended up with some left overs. I have read they can be reheated, but wonder if anybody here has a “dynomite” method of reheating them?

I have honestly never had leftover mussels. If we don’t finish, which is rare, we throw them out. But if I had to do it, I would just reheat gently on the stove in the sauce.

I would remove the mussels, heat the sauce, and add them back in at the very end to bring to temp.

Am thinking of taking the mussels out of the sauce and bringing it to a boil, and then turn it off and add the mussels and let them warm in the sauce, like Chuck said.

But, if anybody has a better idea, I’d like to hear it.

Had the left over mussels as an appetizer tonight with our G&T’s. Above method worked great, with warm but not tough mussels. Just a teeny bit off the taste of the fresh cooked mussels, but still very nice.

I don’t know what your special sauce is, but perhaps with an addition of some acid you could have eaten them cold either as an appetizer or on greens as a salad.

This is what I do. I strain the sauce, remove from shells, heat the sauce to temp, then enrich the broth if necessary. After making a nice rouille, grill toast put rouille on top. Right before service place mussels in warm bowl add broth top with toast. Never know it was leftovers.

I read the title as “Reheating Mussels in Space”, and I thought “that’s interesting.”