What pairs with Shrimp Tacos and Pork Tacos?

Going to a friend’s place and he is making:

Tomato-Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Oregano/Orange-rub Pork Tacos, optional jalapeno spread on side
SIDES: Asian Slaw, and rice/beans.

I have no clue what to have with tacos. Something bubbly, I would think, since beer goes well with tacos. His Mom (who is the guest, visiting from Chicago) likes Prosecco.

Any suggestions?

Pinot

Kosher wine?

Perfect Pork-Pairing. Thanks Vic!

That’s interesting. Certainly versatile. Not sure how the cherry/berry flavors will marry with those other savory and spicy flavors though. Feel like it would have to be a pinot on the lighter, more acidic side not the fruity side.

Blaufrankisch for the spiciness perhaps?

Or I could go white.

Vinho verde. Txakolina. Bandol rose.

Sparkling, rose of either G/S or M or PN, and of course I think a unoaked or no new oak PN from a colder region would work as well.

We usually do beer with mexican hard to get out of that rut. A michelada if you want to make a “drink”. Come to think of it a margerita would pair well with both as well.

Beer

i drink albarinos at my local place

Great suggestions! From what I have at home, thinking I’ll bring:

• 2014 Valtea Finca Albarino
  • 2015 Rezabal Txakoli Rose
  • NV mystery Lambrusco I left at my friend’s house two weeks ago

Debating also bringing a lighter Spanish Garnacha from old vines that has a bit of charred/smoke character to it.

Because his Mom loves Prosecco I picked up a Bele Casel Extra Dry for her. Actually, there’s a good little article on their blog about pairing their Prosecco with tacos so it works out nicely.

we drink margaritas with tacos
fresh lime, triple sec and tequila

Beer and margaritas are obvious answers here. Jalapeño, tomato, chipotle, that sounds like a nightmare to make work. However, if one insisted on wine, a German riesling can go with just about anything if you get the sweetness level correct, here I’d think lightly sweet. I would also think that Sangria, particularly white Sangria, would also be a good option.

Extra Dry Prosecco ended up tasting the best with everything.

Makes sense. beer is bubbly too. Riesling is sweet too.

Prosecco is best of both worlds, in the sense of bubbles and a touch of sweetness.

Seems a good choice. With so much going on there’s no reason to drink too fine a wine, Prosecco would fit the bill all around.