So.....what are your favorite uses for leftover turkey?

I’m also looking to try something new. Today I concocted a “pulled turkey” sandwich, with sauteed onions, BBQ sauce, a little hot sauce, and melted cheddar cheese.

Bruce

Turkey Gumbo!

Serious Eats" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Turkey tamales

Turkey a la king over egg noodles.

As a change of pace from the turkey sammich, I make a wrap: leftover cornbread-pecan dressing drizzled with gravy, then sliced turkey, more gravy, all rolled up in a cooked flour tortilla.

Recipe?

Bruce

Shred and add to a can Progresso Italian wedding soup with a 1/2 tsp of garlic chile sauce. On the stove now.

Right now I am roasting NM Green Chiles and Poblanos to make Turkey and Chile Stew.

That sounds pretty tasty. What else goes into the stew?

Sauteed onion, large strips, organic free range chicken stock, garlic, Mexican oregano, S&P and a touch of lime juice…usually use Costco roti chicken, but I am putting smoked turkey breast tonight. Top it with queso fresco.

Sweet potato and turkey hash.

Top it with poached eggs and hollandaise.

Turkey Tetrazzini made with a nice Manzanilla or Fino.

Channeling my mom - thanks.

Another vote here for sangweeches, although I will admit some of the other suggestions sound good. In fact yesterday I had a sangweech for lunch & then followed it up with another sangweech for dinner [wink.gif]

I bought a goat cheese log rolled in dried cranberry at Trader Joe’s last week. I would imagine that would be yummy on a sandwich with turkey.

Thanksgiving Hash, my favorite:

Leftover turkey, cut into bite-size pieces; leftover giblet gravy; leftover cornbread dressing, broken into small pieces; 2-3 stalks (or more) of celery, very coarsely chopped; one large onion, coarsely chopped; lots of cracked black pepper; white wine. Saute celery and onion in butter until crisp/tender. Add the turkey, dressing, gravy, and pepper, and heat until bubbly. Add white wine to get desired consistency (thicker than soup, thinner than daube).

Serve piping hot, with leftover cranberry sauce.

Cheers, Bob

I already have your hash recipe in the “wings” for tonight, Bob.

Also making turkey soup with a thick stock, rosette pasta, plum tomatoes and whatever else I find that is suitable! Perfect for lunch at the office tomorrow. Do I really have to go back?

This was quite good tonight; many thanks for the idea.

I made this recipe for Turkey Tetrazzini last night, and it was delicious:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michele-urvater/luxurious-turkey-tetrazzini-recipe/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would probably salt and pepper each layer of linguini and sauce as it goes into the casserole dish before baking. Also, if you want a little heat, you might sprinkle in just a bit of chili flakes.

Bruce

Saturday morning, Juan left to go back to Spain. He made Nolita and me basted eggs in about 1/2 inch of EVOO. He then prepared himself a scrambled eggs with the turkey dressing left overs. It was so yummy he barely got any at all after telling us to try it!